January '11 Charity CAL - 1/20 - 1/25

nicolep

:think so the share-a-square wants name, state on a business card for each square....I don't really have the funds to go buy them or even card-stock, do I have to send them with the squares? Would she be too terribly upset if I didn't?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm going to use index cards cut down too.

I'm going to go and sit and catch up on my dvr'd stuff and work on squares for share a square now. At least as much as my darlings will let me, lol. Dh is home but he is "playing" so I am not completely off duty, lol.

Denise,

I see you've made some cat mats. Could you just add some extra rows around them and turn them into snuggles? If you don't want to do that, I could take them and use them for that. I'll pm you my address, should you still want to get rid of them.

I've finished up a baby afghan I started last fall. There wasn't much left, but at least it's done now. I've also done 2 snuggles. I was called in to work today, which is cutting into my crochet time. Life just ain't fair!

The snuggles I've just done are the pink and white one in the first picture and the purple one by itself (it really is square, despite appearances!)

post-39480-135897619238_thumb.jpg

post-39480-13589761924_thumb.jpg

post-39480-135897619242_thumb.jpg

Hi Donna, I use 3 strands of yarn for my cat mats. These little squares wouldn't hold up the way we use/abuse them, but I will send them along to you and you can figure them out! I am pleased to get them out of my craft room! As it is, my craft room could host it's own episode of Hoarders!

Donna, Pretty, pretty, pretty - all of them. The baby blanket is gorgeous and so lacy.

I'm slowly plugging along. Too many projects in the fire so don't feel like I'm making much progress but all items are for charity. For fun started a kitty mat today. Thought I'd add a little eyelash yarn that I wish would just go away, then frogged it and tried a little fun fur. My fuzzy friend, Zoey, seems to like that better.

Hello all, here is a cat mat I made last night while watching a special on the History Channel. There is an odd brown yarn in this one that I don't like. It might be part wool because it's itchy. I will wash it a few more times to see if it will soften up. Probably won't get anything done during the Packers - Bears game because I will be too busy yelling at the TV. Go Pack!!

post-13802-135897619697_thumb.jpg

I've finished up a baby afghan I started last fall. There wasn't much left, but at least it's done now. I've also done 2 snuggles. I was called in to work today, which is cutting into my crochet time. Life just ain't fair!

The snuggles I've just done are the pink and white one in the first picture and the purple one by itself (it really is square, despite appearances!)

Beautiful work! :clap :clap :clap

Everything looks great everyone! :cheer

I had two cat toys done. I set them down to take a picture and my cats stole them!!! :lol They are quick thankfully. I'll whip up a few more in no time.

:lol :lol :lol Shows that they've got good taste.

Hello all, here is a cat mat I made last night while watching a special on the History Channel. There is an odd brown yarn in this one that I don't like. It might be part wool because it's itchy. I will wash it a few more times to see if it will soften up. Probably won't get anything done during the Packers - Bears game because I will be too busy yelling at the TV. Go Pack!!

[ATTACH]33757[/ATTACH]

:clapNice Job! Everything looks so pretty!

I have 4 scarves finished for the special olympics. I just need to weave in some ends. Hopefully I can get 1 more made by Tuesday.

post-27968-135897619787_thumb.jpg

post-27968-135897619792_thumb.jpg

Nice scarves Jamie! I haven't even looked at what the colors are this year. Sigh.

What kind of cat toys do you make Nicole? I must have 20 or so that we meant for the shelter scattered all over my house!

Jamie, those scarves are great!

I have six squares done for share-a-square. I put fringe on two scarves that I had made, and wove in the ends on another, and I made a scarf yesterday for the special olympics.

I hope to get some more things done by Tuesday :)

I have 4 scarves finished for the special olympics. I just need to weave in some ends. Hopefully I can get 1 more made by Tuesday.

Those look great!!! :cheer

Nice scarves Jamie! I haven't even looked at what the colors are this year. Sigh.

What kind of cat toys do you make Nicole? I must have 20 or so that we meant for the shelter scattered all over my house!

I make a really simple toy. I use whatever yarn I have laying around and chain 25 or so. Then, I sc each row until it's big enough to sew three edges together. I shove some poly fil in there and sew up the last side. Sometimes I make them square, but they are usually rectangle. Perfect for little ones to hold close to them and chew on/roll around with.

Those are gorgeous scarves! Great job! :clap :clap :clap

Wow Dee, those are fun blocks! Are the scarves for Special Olympics?

I am apparently a dope. I did manage to crank out one more cat mat during the Packer game yesterday but I shipped it off to the store without getting a picture of it. Well, it looked just about like all of the others, but I like to keep track. Oh well.

Here are some of the scarves that I have finished. And the squares that I have finished :)

Beautiful, Dee. :clap :clap :clap

The lady I take care of has been having health problems since very early Sunday morning, so my crocheting has pretty much come to a complete halt for this month. I did get one preemie blanket done and added to the prayer shawl. Maybe I can fit something in today, depending on how things go with her. We'll see. :manyheart

Dee, do you have a pattern for that scarf with the hearts? I'd really like that.

And to Nicole, I think maybe I did see a picture of some cat toys you made once for a person who's name is Moo Moo? Or maybe it was someone else, but I know the kind you are talking about. I make the curley ones. I actually made one on my lunch yesterday. Wow, one. Good thing I got the mats done.

Archived