January '11 Charity CAL - 1/20 - 1/25

nicolep

I almost completely forgot about the CAL this month. :blush I've been so busy that I'm running around like a chicken with its head cut off! Thanks for the reminder to post the CAL, Denise. :hug

For new comers -

Anything handmade (crochet, knit, sew...whatever you like to do) counts towards the charity CAL. A group of us get together once a month and dedicate six days to charity. We chat about what we're making and lots of other non-craft things that pop up. At the end of the event, we post our totals in big, bold letters so we can all see how much a few people can do.

Feel free to post any questions!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Nicole. My mom has been in the hospital since mid-December. Maybe it's made me paranoid, but when I didn't see you post your usual CAL, I started to worry. I didn't mean to push you!!

Speaking of which, has anyone seen posts from "Glasgow Lindsay"? She disappeared about 6 months ago. She was always making granny square projects for charity. Even her blog is gone. I know she had an elderly visually impaired mom and I just worry about her too.

That's my job now I guess. Crochetville worrier!!

I'd like to tag along. I haven't been getting much crochet time lately, but if I do this, I'll make the time and focus on it. I have some time off at the end of the week so this is good timing for me.

Hi Nicole. My mom has been in the hospital since mid-December. Maybe it's made me paranoid, but when I didn't see you post your usual CAL, I started to worry. I didn't mean to push you!!

Speaking of which, has anyone seen posts from "Glasgow Lindsay"? She disappeared about 6 months ago. She was always making granny square projects for charity. Even her blog is gone. I know she had an elderly visually impaired mom and I just worry about her too.

That's my job now I guess. Crochetville worrier!!

I really appreciated the reminder.

I worry about Lindsay, too, but she did say that she was going to take off for awhile. I hope everything is ok with her, too.

I've decided I am going to try to finish two project. One is a baby blanket I started in the summer. It's such a stale project now I'm totally uninterested in finishing it, but I need to do it. The other is a wavy ripple I started before Christmas. I'm going to try to finish that up too. That will give me four finished, and I can take them to my hospital contact who delivers them.

I'll also be working on some snuggles.

Hi, everyone! I have a prayer shawl that needs to be finished and have lots of baby yarn for preemie hats and blankets so that's what I'll probably be working on. I completely forgot about it until I saw the cal listing just now. Thanks for coordinating it again, Nicole.:hug

Well ok, I did cheat a little. Got this one started last month so I pulled it out to finish it tonight. I like the colors in this one. It looks a bit like a Monet! Oh, I get to update my signature now...!

post-13802-135897618743_thumb.jpg

Can anyone use these? They are about 7 (ish) inches square. I was in a CAL that was making squares from a book of 63 designs, but the instructions in the book were a nightmare and after I finished these, I knew there was no way I would make 60 more. I will mail them to whomever would like them. They are made with RHSS.

post-13802-135897618771_thumb.jpg

Can anyone use these? They are about 7 (ish) inches square. I was in a CAL that was making squares from a book of 63 designs, but the instructions in the book were a nightmare and after I finished these, I knew there was no way I would make 60 more. I will mail them to whomever would like them. They are made with RHSS.

[ATTACH]33620[/ATTACH]

They are beautiful, but I don't have anything to put them with.

I overdid it yesterday on the preemie blanket. My hands don't want to work this morning. I'm going to wrap them around a hot mug of tea and see if that will help loosen them up.

Catch you all later. :manyheart

Archived