My son and my new hook

I thought I would get one of the Clover light up crochet hooks to try it out. It came in the mail the other day and I took it out of the package, pulled out the battery tab and turned it on. I thought it was pretty cool and figured I would try it later that evening with some scrap yarn.

Fast forward to that evening and I can't find the hook. I know I put it in the box with my other hooks, but I sometimes think I do things I didn't do so I go to look for it. Can't find it any of my other stash, can't find it in the box that came in the mail and I have this horrible thought I threw it away. :eek So, I rummage through the trash and find the packaging for it but no hook.

My 12 year old then comes out of his room and says "Mom, this is the coolest thing ever!" he's standing there holding up my new hook with a huge grin on his face. When I asked him why he was playing with my hook he says, "it's not a hook. It's a sonic screw driver! Sonic screw drivers are cool!"

Yes, we are huge Dr. Who fans. Now my older son also wants one so he can have a sonic screw driver, so I'll be ordering a couple more so that I can actually have one to use! :lol

Needless to say that despite my frustration I couldn't be upset with him because he had me laughing so hard.

Beth

I thought I would get one of the Clover light up crochet hooks to try it out. It came in the mail the other day and I took it out of the package, pulled out the battery tab and turned it on. I thought it was pretty cool and figured I would try it later that evening with some scrap yarn.

Fast forward to that evening and I can't find the hook. I know I put it in the box with my other hooks, but I sometimes think I do things I didn't do so I go to look for it. Can't find it any of my other stash, can't find it in the box that came in the mail and I have this horrible thought I threw it away. :eek So, I rummage through the trash and find the packaging for it but no hook.

My 12 year old then comes out of his room and says "Mom, this is the coolest thing ever!" he's standing there holding up my new hook with a huge grin on his face. When I asked him why he was playing with my hook he says, "it's not a hook. It's a sonic screw driver! Sonic screw drivers are cool!"

Yes, we are huge Dr. Who fans. Now my older son also wants one so he can have a sonic screw driver, so I'll be ordering a couple more so that I can actually have one to use! :lol

Needless to say that despite my frustration I couldn't be upset with him because he had me laughing so hard.

Beth

:rofl

:lolWhen I first started crocheting a Afaghan my niece was about 2, She crawled up on the couch and got my crocheting and said " Look I'm making a blanket." But I could never get her to sat still enough to teach her to crochet. Still can't and she's grown now.:yarn

Archived