Krakovianka

Experiments with variegated thread...

Love your experimentation! I think each design is complimented by the threads of you've chosen. :D

wow, seriously gorgeous! I think i might add to my wish list, one of your doileys!!! wow, how pretty, you do such intricately beautiful work!

they are beautiful and I love looking at your work. I like the one on the right side bottom.

Absolutely beautiful!! especially the one with the flower border!! :clap

I am addicted to shaded threads, and use them constantly for bags, cases, cosies, etc. and even for some garments. However, when it comes to doilies, I have exactly the same concerns as you. Will the thread drown the pattern, instead of showing it off? So, when I use shaded threads in doilies, I am very careful, I use them only in limited areas of the pattern, where there are no intricate stitches. The rest of the doily I make in one of the colours from the thread. All this is just a preface to saying that I can see how much thought you have put into your choice, and use, of thread, and that I really like the result.

Lovely! My favorite is the top one :yes

You might consider the purple/white for a pansy edge or grape cluster section of a doily...I can vouch that it works for the former at least.

They are all beautiful. I love using verigated threads becuase they aren't boring. I know what you mean about finding the right pattern for them.

Marcia

Krakovianka, They are all pretty. I love #1, #2. I love your crocheting work. I also love crocheting with variegated yarns or threads. I love colors! I do agree, some doilies are meant to be a solid color and some you can just go crazy with, then again it depends on the look your after.

Exquisite. What patience you must have. They are all beautiful, but I love the second one.

Stunning work, you always do such great things. I find myself hesitating to buy that variegated thread for the same reasons mentioned in some of the other posts.

I love the thread on the spool, but it takes alot of time and patience to find the right pattern.

They are GORGEOUS!!! and I agree with everyone else. That pink one with the flower/butterfly border is awesome!

I think they are lovely! I really like the variegated thread, but I have only used it once on some Christmas ornaments. I think your choices are pretty, although I do see the butterflies.

Very nice indeed! Would love to know the names/books where you found your patterns.These have inspired me to try thread/doilies...:clap

The patterns are from my very extensive collection of thread crochet magazines published here in Poland. They are not available in English, unfortunately, although they can be used by anyone who can read diagrammed patterns. My suggestion is to check out ebay for old Magic Crochet and Decorative Crochet magazines--they have loads of wonderful patterns, also diagrammed, and I believe they were published by the same people who put out the ones I buy (I have found the same patterns in in both, occasionally).

What a great eye you have, you know exactly where to use the verigated thread. The combo is beautiful. I expecially like the pink one with the fowers.

The doilies look great! I love varigated thread but I don't use it often for doilies because of the reasons you told about. Your combined doilies are so cheerful!

They all are looking great!

Demet