3rd Annual Pregnancy Center Baby Shower - Shower is Dec 9th!

PAndrus

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finished this one last night! Even managed to weave in the ends myself instead of begging my super-awesome fairy!! :devil

love this one. Nice job on it. When is the deadline for sending?? I have two blankets done, and working on a third and some extras to go with them.

Good evening! The shower for this winter is going to be in about a month. The center is having some work done, so I don't have the exact date yet :( However, this is a yearly...or even bi-yearly when we can do it...shower, so if donations come after this shower, they'll be the start of the next!

There is no way I can thank you all for your help! I truly feel blessed to have your support helping these families.

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I've been absent a couple weeks. My grandfather had been quite ill and in ICU for a couple weeks. We lost him on Thanksgiving. :(

But on a better note ....

The shower is going to be December 9th! Woohoo!

We have a great 'stash' of goodies built up. There is NO WAY I could do all of this without all of your help!

If you have items for this year's shower, it's time to get them in the mail! :) Anything received after Friday, December 9th will be the start of next year's shower.

Once again - thank you all!!

so sorry I haven't gotten my package in the mail yet, we had a death in the family ourselves. I will try to get it going on Monday...hmm need to finish that pair of booties, so far it's just one, thank goodness they are fairly quick to make.

so sorry I haven't gotten my package in the mail yet, we had a death in the family ourselves. I will try to get it going on Monday...hmm need to finish that pair of booties, so far it's just one, thank goodness they are fairly quick to make.

Oh goodness - No apologies! Take care of yourself and your family first. :hug

When you do get it in the mail, let me know so I can keep an eye out.

I will let you know, it's not ready yet, as if the death in the family wasn't enough, my mother in law had a triple bypass (open heart) surgery on Tuesday, I have been spending a lot of time at the hospital, so my package won't get to you before Friday, but I will get it in the mail as soon as I possibly can. thanks for being patient

I will let you know, it's not ready yet, as if the death in the family wasn't enough, my mother in law had a triple bypass (open heart) surgery on Tuesday, I have been spending a lot of time at the hospital, so my package won't get to you before Friday, but I will get it in the mail as soon as I possibly can. thanks for being patient

Sorry to hear you've been having more struggles! Take care of yourself and your familly. :hug

mother in law is home from the hospital now, she is doing much better, going to be a long recovery I think. I am still adding things to the box, since there is now no rush for next years shower. I can add a lot more stuff. How did the shower turn out??

• 2 weeks later...

This year's baby shower was a fabulous success!! :clap:clap

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you to all who helped with donations. It is such a moving experience to give someone who is almost due their first baby items. I'm not sure you can understand how much this support means for these families. :hug

Shower Totals:

Blankets - 38

Hats - 32

Dresses - 3

Bloomers - 1

Bibs - 14

Booties - 2

Toys - 8

Incredible!!

The New Beginnings Pregnancy Center is going to feature this shower in an upcoming newsletter publication. They've asked me to write the article. Can't wait to share it with you all when it's ready! :cheer

Merry Christmas to you all!

I am certain it was an emotional time for all. I have finished my year of charity and can tell you that my first "hands on" delivering of items were a little shaky. First trip to the oncology unit with caps a little scary but they were soo thankful! Second trip in there....smiles as big as Texas....and sincere thank you's from their hearts. My last gifting was in Colorado late fall.....snow starting....homeless living in the rv park(in a tent!)....family with a 4 yr old daughter...gave them an XL blanket and slipped the young man some money....chokes me just writing about it.

Anyway.....Bless you for what you have done. Write your article with pride for a job well done!!

Archived