3rd Annual Pregnancy Center Baby Shower - Shower is Dec 9th!

PAndrus

Last year’s Baby Shower at New Beginnings was such a wonderful success thanks to all of the caring hearts here on the ‘ville. We were able to donate 58 afghans from infant to child size along with SO MANY other wonderful baby items! The women loved the shower very much and felt quite blessed to receive the beautiful handmade items for their new arrivals. There were so many babies needing help this winter that almost all the blankets have already been passed out to families.

I am coming back to you again asking for your continued support.

In order to attend the baby shower, families will have to earn “points” by participating in parenting classes and other types of counseling/readiness courses. All participants are working for a better life and just need a little help along the way.

I am looking for donations of baby to child size afghans, hats, sweaters, booties, toys, bibs, basically ANYTHING you feel the desire to make. Any type of yarn, any pattern, and any type of handmade item will be greatly appreciated!

Every baby deserves something handmade with love that is their own special item.

I will take donations at any time and be assured that all donations will be stored in clean, plastic tubs in my house until the baby shower. Just PM me and I will get you my address.

Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for even considering helping me. I feel very blessed to have met you all here at the ‘Ville. :hug

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Oh what a very pretty blanket, Tricia! I have seen tmpinsnty's work in other crochetville forum threads and I love her work. :manyheart

I hope to help you again this year. My friend's daughter is expecting twins, so I'm going to be pretty busy! :crocheting

Oh you guys just about made me cry this morning! My son has been sick for almost a week, so I haven't been able to get on the boards. Check on things this morning, and all of the love from you all makes me so happy!!

Oh what a very pretty blanket, Tricia! I have seen tmpinsnty's work in other crochetville forum threads and I love her work. :manyheart

I hope to help you again this year. My friend's daughter is expecting twins, so I'm going to be pretty busy! :crocheting

Her work is just gorgeous - You're so right!

Twins :yay That's exciting! I'm sure she will love all the pretty baby things you make her!

you're making me blush...

but here is another one that will be heading to you when i head to the house in march. i'm working on another RR in bernat baby jacquards berries and cream (pink and yellow)

Once again it's gorgeous! And the "kitty love" makes them all that more special! :manyheart

Mrs Principal and Janni -

The date has not been set. It will be late November or the beginning of December again this year. New Beginnings has requested a summer shower, but I'm not sure if we can pull that off :eek I do know that I'll make some summer dresses and things to take to them, though, in June if you'd like to do the same.

know what you mean!! gonna be doing some scarves for a bit. i finished this one finally

I am wondering where I can find the pattern to an afghan shaped like this infant afghan you posted here. I appreciate the help.

Penny:c9

Hi Tricia ~ I finally started an afghan for you. I'm working on it as I watch the Super Bowl (eagerly awaiting the half-time performance of the Black Eyed Peas!)... I should have it in the mail to you by the end of this week. :crocheting

I am wondering where I can find the pattern to an afghan shaped like this infant afghan you posted here. I appreciate the help.

Penny:c9

on cpc there is a pattern called "baby round ripple" it's by a lady named lyn.

Hi Tricia ~ I finally started an afghan for you. I'm working on it as I watch the Super Bowl (eagerly awaiting the half-time performance of the Black Eyed Peas!)... I should have it in the mail to you by the end of this week. :crocheting

Yeah! That's very exciting! Thank you so much TCarra.

Did you enjoy the game? My son and I watched it together last night.

These little guys were fun and quick to make! I'm going to try and get lots of them finished before the baby shower. The bears are the perfect size for little hands!

The bears are based on "Becky's Crochet Teddy by Rita Ross"

The brimmed hats are "Cheri Hat by Jennie Harrell"

post-33588-135897625535_thumb.jpg

Oh my gosh, Tricia! Soooo adorable! Looks like you're getting off to a great start this year. I love the ruffle on your red afghan, too.

I did enjoy the game. I don't really follow football so I wasn't rooting for anyone; but I liked it. I looked forward to half-time because I've been a B.E.P. fan waaaaay before Fergie joined the group. And I was happy for the Packers on their winning.

Back to blankies, I see that Bernat (among other manufacturer's, I'm sure) has been offering some lovely colors such as soft red, bongo blue and mango. I have also noticed that many new parents are picking non-traditional colors for nurseries (i.e., more bold or contrasting), so I've been having fun trying out these new colors. You're getting a "bongo blue" one, which is very blue (not like a pale baby blue). I hope someone will like it. :)

Okay, my breaktime's almost over. Hope everyone has a great day!

Archived