Graph afghan: Bucky Badger

afghan_fan

Thanks again, everyone, for the nice comments on my afghan! I finished it a couple of days ago, and decided to do a thin white border instead of alternating red and white. It took about 130 hours total, and it covers the top of my full sized bed. I can't wait to give it to my brother for Christmas! :lol Here's the end result:

post-45736-135897616821_thumb.jpg

• 11 months later...
Great job would like that pattern

Unfortunately, distributing the pattern without permission of the university would be copyright and trademark infringement.

The best suggestion we can offer you is to find a picture somewhere and create a graph from it yourself, for personal use only.

Looks absolutely wonderful! I just did my second graphghan and I have the color change too. I think it's just the way it is. You can't see it in the pic. Personally I think we see it cause we did it and want perfection! LOL

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone! I just joined the forum and I wanted to post my current project. It's my very first graph afghan, and it's for my brother, who attended the University of Wisconsin.

One question about color changes: I've seen some graph afghans with very even/squared edges of color blocks. Mine shows a bit of the top of the stitch where the color changes. Is there a trick to avoid the color hanging over the prior stitch (where the change occurs)? Or do people simply stitch over those change spots after the fact? (Does this even make sense? :P)

Anyway, here's my afghan so far. I'm working on a red and white border right now. :hook

Adorable!!! I love making graph ghans!

Archived