Knitted projects completed

dlfoxy1

I know the photos I'm going to post are knitted and not crocheted but I wanted to share them with you. I'm in my first year of learning to knit and am enjoying it....not as much as crocheting (20+ years)....but hopefully when I learn more of the stitches and techniques I will. I did crochet and give away about 20 snowflakes and have another 15+ to stiffen yet.....for next year. But like usual when it comes to the snowflakes, I forget to take pictuers. Hopefully this last batch I will remember to post.

Well, here is what I've made...Baby Blanket (with is matching sweater and hat), socks, a pair of mittens and a dish cloth. I've already posted the baby sweater and hat below, but I've completed the matching sweater and gave it to baby Evan for Christmas.

HPIM3060.jpg

HPIM2977.jpg

HPIM3082.jpg

HPIM3089.jpg

HPIM3085.jpg

Very Nice!! I just learned how to knit myself and am eager to get started on some real projects. However I think I'll stick with dishcloths until I get more comfortable with it. I need to get out and buy a pattern book.

Are you on the knitting forum here???

You're doing fantastic with your projects!!! (I just love your sweater set!) I can't get the hang of knitting. Maybe one day. Thank you for the inspiration! :manyheart

• 1 year later...

TCara, I just wanted to say if you're still interested in knitting, you might want to try knitting the continental way. Most people that crochet, knit continental. I know if I would have to knit the "regular" way, I would not be knitting today.

• 3 months later...

I agree. I first tried to learn from a book the "regular" way and hated it. Then I went to Germany and learned the continental way from a British lady and now I love it. The way I do it the right needle does all the work and I keep the tension the same way I do for crochet.

TCara, I just wanted to say if you're still interested in knitting, you might want to try knitting the continental way. Most people that crochet, knit continental. I know if I would have to knit the "regular" way, I would not be knitting today.

Archived