Just inherited a Boye Steel "I" hook

everkutz

Today I was given a box of my mother-in-law's knitting and crochet supplies. In the box were several sizes of knitting needles and several different types and sizes of crochet hooks. Some of the crochet hooks are EXTREMELY tiny! I can barely see the hook on them---how can people crochet with them??!!

Long story short...In the box was a Boye "I" hook, that is marked "STEEL" and "Made in the USA." It is heavy and I actually like the feel of the weight of the hook, so I may use this hook. Is there any value to this size of steel hook?

I have inherited my aunt's and my grandmother's knitting and crochet supplies but this is the first steel hook in this size that I have.

Thanks for any info!

Congratulations on your new hook. I don't know about monatary value of your hook but I am sure you will treasure it. I use those little #14 and smaller hooks, I have made doilies with sewing thread, I love to do it, but only have one hook and it broke, it is really hard to find the really small sizes....if you would like to sell them please pm me

Archived