My new lys (Michael's) - I'm in heaven!

jingles96

Ladies, I am in heaven. I finally checked out the local Michaels here in Plano, TX, and ooo-wheee! I have died and gone to heaven! All these luscious yarns I've been reading you all rave about for the last 8 months or so - all there! Bernat Boa, Paton's grace, Jewel Box, Woolease, Homespun .... everything! Right there! And the crochet thread! Silkease (? or something like that), and all kinds of Royale threads. On big cones. :eek And the selection of hooks, books - all great! I finally picked up the 3 Dozen and 1 Bookmarks book.

And the yarn section of that store isn't the only amazing part. I wanted to pick my cross stitch back up, and maybe paint, and oh! draw again. :) I had to force myself out of the store. I'm on a budget until a job is found.

I just had to exclaim over my good fortune. And this isn't the only big craft store within a 10 min drive! I've seen a Hobby Lobby and at least two other Michael's in the area! :yay

Finding a new craft store is great, isn't it? Well, maybe not for the pocketbook, but I enjoy it anyway. Be sure and check the newspaper for coupons. Michael's has them most weeks or you can ask the store if you can have the discount. They take competitor coupons too. :)

Now, I'll have to join you on new store happiness soon. I've been to several Hobby Lobby stores in my area, but they just opened a new one very close to me where I pass by almost all the time. I haven't been in yet, but I don't know how I'll keep myself out of there since I drive by so often.....

I Know how you feel :hook I love Michaels :manyheart Its like being a kid in a Candy Store all over again. When I go in I just cant go get what I want and Leave I have to go and look at everything LOL, God forbid I may miss something :laughroll

When i go there Hubby usually will drop me off and go into a different store because he knows im gonna take awhile. But then I feel guilty above leaving dh on his own for so long lol shopping so I like it better when I go by myself so I can take my time which will be tomorrow :devil Im in the mood :c9

Anna, you may already know this, but you're also near The Woolie Ewe....

The Woolie Ewe

15 & Custer Streets

Plano, TX

1-800-460-YARN

972-424-3163

http://www.woolieewe.com

I haven't been yet (we don't head up to the Plano area very often), but I've heard good things about the shop.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm not in the area but I read on another board that the Woolie Ewe is getting their fall yarn in and their clearance bins are overflowing. It might be a great time to check them out.

OMG! I went to the Woolie Ewe yesterday. Yarn Mecca!!! Every nice yarn that I saw in Europe - Debbie Bliss, Rowan, Noro, etc - is all there! Tons of yarns, rovings, exotic yarns. Just soo nice! And well, the prices reflect that, but I got 9-10 skeins of yarn from the clearence bins and one normal priced Rowan skein. All that for $35! :cheer:clap Plus, I picked up the new Interweave Crochet - not included in that $35. ;) I am soo happy to have this store in my area. I'll have to control myself when I go in there, but if I budget right and use the clearance corner, I can handle it. Oh, and the Noro section is HUGE! About 12 square plastic bins FULL of Noro. Beautiful!

hehe Anna I am jealous! I went to Michael's when I was home and didn't want to leave the store lol. I never even made it to the other craft stores (I didn't have money to play with at the time so didn't torture myself rofl) Only 17 more months till we head back though (not that I'm counting or anything *g*)

Archived