Unmotivated

I guess after the marathon crocheting for my hubby's work folks I have lost all my motivation :lol Though I have made some things since it's like I'm on a slow train going nowhere right now.I have a pattern ready to type up I just need to take pics and I can't seem to force myself to do it. Anyone else feeling the same way.

I'm right there with you. I was on a marathon crocheting last year and got 50 afghans done for the NICU - I haven't picked up my hook since I delivered in November. Now that we are in January, I have to sart for this year's delivery -and I haven't done a stitch yet. Need to get my mojo back!

ok ladies....I'm a newbie here, so lets get started in crocheting!!!!!! I know what your all talking about. I've been crocheting mittens since November for the Winter Drive in our area. I have burned myself out from making them... (it goes on till Feb) I need to start making a baby blanket for my new grandbaby (2nd) that is due in April.... I'm thinking the round ripple! (girl, 2nd)

Ive lost some motivation too, i passed out 10 afghans to friends, neighbors, and family this past year, plus kept up on my charity donations and so when i feel burned out, i just either sort yarn, or reorganize my craft room, vacuum it, dust, etc, lol or work on little things, like yo yo's or grannys sisters, to use up some of my scraps, doesn't really take any concentration, they're quick, no real committment, and they add up quickly, to either put aside for a later project, or donate some to someone that wants some..I find motivation and creativity is always there, just below the surface, and I just have to create a diversion so it can rise again! :hook:crocheting:clap

I got kind of burnt out after all the babies and weddings I had to crochet for this year. I took a break and have finished my grand daughter's (Hannah) graduation afghan, a unicorn for Arden and I just started making a dragon for Adler (toofless).

When you get the bad mojo, just set it aside for awhile, look through your patterns, go pet yarn. Something will spark that loving feeling again!

:hug

I finished an afghan and am working on a shawl, but all I really want to do right now is quilt. Maybe because my yarn stash is in pretty good shape, but the quilt I want to do will require some shopping!

When this happens to me I take a little break, and then when I come across a pattern that just grabs me, I'm right back into it. I was on a break when the Fuzzy Wuzzy Slippers grabbed me, and I immediately made two pairs! :)

I have some big projects that need my attention, and I'm determined to get at least two of them done this year. Actually, I'm hoping to have them both done by the end of May. I guess I'd better get back to them, huh? ;) They're not going to finish themselves! :lol

We aren't energizer bunnies we all have periods of down time. grin

What motivates me the most is when items are truly needed. ie the souls living on the Pine Ridge,etc SD reservation.

I don't particularly like making blankets, but I just finished one for the OB ward as they need blankets for the newborns. 40% of residents with no electricity. brrrr Hoping dh can get some contributions for heat assistance there. 2 boxes of stuff going to Roots n Shoots Winter Drive in SD. Kudos to the teens that will trek in the snow to take items where they are needed!

Rest up the crochet urge will soon return whether by a cool pattern, yummy yarn color begging to be something or just desire to fill a need.

Happy New Year!

I go through cycles like this all the time. Sometimes (like right now) I just don't feel like working on anything. And so I don't. I use the time to read, surf blogs I love, bake, or just hang out around the house. I know soon enough the crochet bug will bite again and I'll want to do nothing else. Just roll with it.

From 2009 October til 2010 Sept. I started with moving and then had some health issues and seemed to have lost all sail in my winds. Then I remembered Pine Ridge and started putting together squares for a ghan and moved on to hats, scarves and other items for babies. I was going full steam and filled 2 big boxes.

Started my own afghan and now I just slowed down again, I guess for me it just comes in short bursts, :lol.

I also know what your going through I have not crochet since last March considering I made 36 afghans of all kinds before that. I hope that I get back to it soon I have a large stash calling to me here. I have some new patterns coming that I am looking forward to making.

I'm not sure if I'm unmotivated or just not sure what to work on next. My last project was an afghan I finished on Christmas day. I've got about 5 ufo's I could work on (3 afghans, 1 table runner, 1 wearable item) but...*shrug*. Just gotta pick something and get to work, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived