RoseRed's version of the SERAFINA SHAWL Pattern

RoseRed

I used a full pound skein of Joann's Sensations Boucle. I don't know the yardage - I just used the whole thing.

unfortunately - they don't have that color in stock. You can see the gray/pink on the top of the pile in the big picture at the top of the page. http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat1780&PRODID=prd50511

I see. Which hook would you suggest for it?

Thank-you for answering. ^_^

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 year later...

I recently came across Doni's original design on her website and tried to send her an email but it was rejected. It looks as if the website has not been updated since 2006. Does anyone know if she has a new site or blog? Thanks ahead of time!

The last anyone heard from her was when this thread was started.  The original serafina shawl pattern is here too.  If you have questions about it the best thing to do would be to post on that thread.

• 1 month later...

Rose Red:  You stated the center shell is the only dc shell in the pattern & to use the following, "3dc, ch2, 3dc. Cshell is the ONLY 3dc shell in this pattern.  In row 2, there's the following directions, "in the next ch2 sp work the following: [dc, ch1, 2dc shell, ch1, dc.    There it said a 2dc shell.  In the special stitches section, it never mentioned a 2dc shell.  Is a 2dc shell, 2dc, ch2, 2dc? I'm confused.  Did I miss something?  Thanks for your help.  Janice

"in the next ch2 sp work the following: [dc, ch1, 2dc shell, ch1, dc.]   There it said a 2dc shell.  In the special stitches section, it never mentioned a

2dc shell. 

Is a 2dc shell, (2dc, ch2, 2dc)?

Yes.

It's a lot of stitches to put into a ch2 sp.  That's why I went with the 2dcshell instead of the 3dcshell.  Realistically you can do either - I just think that the 2 fits better.

I just went and looked over the pattern again.  It amazes me how much I've learned about pattern writing since I first learning.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

RoseRed .. did you ever make a diagram for this?  It would be easier for me to figure it out after row 9.  I had to put the project away for a bit but now I'm back at it.  Thank you.  Janice

RoseRed .. Am I doing row 10 correctly??  BR,  dc in next 4 dc, ch 1, hdc V1, ch 1, dc in next 4, ch 1, 3 hdc shell, ch 1, dc in next 4, ch 1, hdc v1, ch1, dc in next 4, dc in ch 1 space, ch 1, center shell, mirror.

In all the following rows, will a 3 hdc shell always go in a 3 hdc shell?

Thank you so much!

Janice

• 2 months later...

Hi .. Finally completed Rose Red's version of Serafina Shawl.  Once I got my rhythm going, the pattern was easy.  Rose Red graciously answered a few of my questions.  This was a fun pattern to make.  Janice

post-36933-0-98413500-1374805856_thumb.jpg

post-36933-0-02189900-1374805941_thumb.jpg

Archived