RoseRed's version of the SERAFINA SHAWL Pattern

RoseRed

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope - not purple - that's the Joann's sensations in red/cranberry. I LOVE the natural striping of that yarn.

Those are usually not colors I work with too much, but it looks absolutly wonderful on this shawl. I have a cousin who would LOVE this. TFS!

• 8 months later...

That's odd because I just tried it and it opened right up for me.

PM me your email address and I'll email you a copy of the pdf. If it doesn't open from there I really don't know what else to try other than copy and pasting it from here into a word doc.

hello all. when i try to print the pattern from the pdf file. its says cant open. or no file available. . can someone help me please. I'd love to try and give this a try. the shawl is so beautiful.

thank you.

patty

Hmmm, not sure what's happening here. Did you actually download the file to your computer and save it? If so, it's possible something happened when saving the file, like maybe your computer didn't save the whole thing (if you were having trouble with your connection) or the file got corrupted. Try deleting that file from your computer and downloading it again.

If you're having trouble when trying to access the file here on Crochetville, be sure you're logged on to Crochetville. You can only open/download the file if you're logged on.

Also be sure that you have the most current version of Adobe Reader on your computer.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there! I'm new here and pretty new to crochet,but LOVED this shawl and went and bought the materials for it last night and started making it.

I've finished row nine,but I have a question after that. Do I just basically repeat row nine,and only add a dc after the BR, around each side of the shell, and before the ER? Do I add any more hdcv1 stitches anywhere, or increase the hdcv1s?

An example of what rows ten and eleven should look like would be VERY helpful,as I'm still learning. I've done a couple of rows after nine that look nice, but they don't like look your pictures (there aren't enough "points" around the edge).

Thanks in advance!!

I've finished row nine,but I have a question after that. Do I just basically repeat row nine,and only add a dc after the BR, around each side of the shell, and before the ER? Do I add any more hdcv1 stitches anywhere, or increase the hdcv1s?

An example of what rows ten and eleven should look like would be VERY helpful,as I'm still learning. I've done a couple of rows after nine that look nice, but they don't like look your pictures (there aren't enough "points" around the edge).

If you look at the sample picture in the pdf it goes through Row 10.

Yes, you'll add an extra dc at the very beginning, the very end and on each side of center.

You do not add another hdcV1 until you have enough dcs to split the pattern again.

If you look at the picture in the pdf you'll see that there are only 5 shells and 4 places where you will build your shells.

This is more than just a new pattern. It's a new concept as well (kinda like the round ripple) At some point you'll have that lightbulb moment and it'll all 'click'.

I'll do my best to help but I really need a picture of what you have to be able to give you accurate advice.

• 4 weeks later...

Very lovely shawls, RoseRed, and thanks for the pattern. I've made 3 in the last 2 weeks for my 5-year-old. ^_^

I have a question about the variegated pink one you made: Would you happen to know the yardage and hook you used? I'd like to use the same type of yarn (a different colour, though) for a friend, and I would have to order the yarn online.

Thank-you for your time. ^_^

nuu

I used a full pound skein of Joann's Sensations Boucle. I don't know the yardage - I just used the whole thing.

unfortunately - they don't have that color in stock. You can see the gray/pink on the top of the pile in the big picture at the top of the page. http://www.joann.com/joann/catalog/productdetail.jsp?CATID=cat1780&PRODID=prd50511

Archived