1st Attempt at Bead Crochet

walker1021

Back in 2008, my daughter had me buy the material to make a wire/beaded bracelet. Working with wire scared me, so the bag sat and sat and sat.:( This past weekend, the courage was finally mustered to create with wire. :clapHere is the outcome. (She was totally suprised when I gave it to her. :yes)

post-5504-135897613077_thumb.jpg

post-5504-135897613083_thumb.jpg

:clap Great job!! I have never attempted crocheted jewelry of any kind, and am really intimidated by it! But this is georgeous! I would certainly wear that for sure! You daughter will be proud. :clap

Thanks everyone :) And Michelle, inimidation was the reason it took me almost 3 years to make this bracelet. Now I wish I would have done it soon. It really is easier than you think

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Great job walker1021... :cheer

And this was your first try? WOW! You should have seen my first attempt at crocheting with wire and beads.... it looked like someone rolled a bunch of wire into a ball! :eek

:yay Very nice! :hug

Great job walker1021... :cheer

And this was your first try? WOW! You should have seen my first attempt at crocheting with wire and beads.... it looked like someone rolled a bunch of wire into a ball! :eek

:yay Very nice! :hug

Thanks bunches! One day soon I hope to try something else.

Thanks bunches! One day soon I hope to try something else.

You are very welcome... :hook it is always good to step out side the box and try new things... you never know what might grap you and change your life... :yes

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jana,

I, too, have been intimidated by the idea of crocheting with wire and have also bought the supplies to try it. Your beautiful bracelet hopefully will be my inspiration to try it myself.

Jana,

I, too, have been intimidated by the idea of crocheting with wire and have also bought the supplies to try it. Your beautiful bracelet hopefully will be my inspiration to try it myself.

Jump in and try it. I felt so foolish for waiting so long. string on the beads and have fun! Let me know how it turns out for you.

wow I would never have known that was your first try if you hadn't said so, wonderful job

Thanks everyone! It really isn't difficult. It is just sc with a bead every few stitches. Next time you are at Michaeals, or JoAnnes or where ever, take a peek at the bead magazines. You will be able to find one with easy patterns.

Archived