badrhinogillett

2011 - 5th Annual Afghans for NICU Babies for Christmas

Hi Kathryn, I just wanted to drop in and admire all of the beautiful items you are receiving. :manyheart

Got a box headed your way, PO says it'll be a week tho. Just thought I'd give you a heads up.

Hi Kathryn,

I know you want to deliver the week after Thanksgiving. If you get the chance, can you please post the date you would like to have all deliveries on hand?

We're camping over the holidays and I would like to know if I should plan on delivery before or if I can stretch it until after we get back.

Thanks!

I haven't set up a delivery date yet, but my usual plan is to deliver the Monday following Thanksgiving (one year I did the Friday). They like to have the items early so that they can coordinate Christmas ahead of time. I guess my question is, how fast do you think the package would get here? If you mail it on Monday following Thanksgiving, would it be here that week? If so, I'll wait till Friday to deliver.

I would love to help..My only problem is that I'm not sure how soon I could mail them out to you.

Amber, this is a yearly project for me, so if you can't get it to me before Thanksgiving you can be the start of the 2012 drive!

I will make sure to get them to you before Thanksgiving. :pilgrim

I only have one more finished, so I will wait and have a head start for next year.

Amber, this is a yearly project for me, so if you can't get it to me before Thanksgiving you can be the start of the 2012 drive!

Awesome to hear! I have been looking for a charity such as this to send to but have been unsuccessful and I was excited when I found this thread... annnd I have all year to send stuff :D

The delivery date is growing close and the excitement builds. I can't wait to see all those boxes for the annual delivery. I wish I could have gotten another few done but as you say, I can always send them later for the 2012 drive.

That's the wonderful thing and the tragic thing, there will always be babies who need our help. I, too, didn't do as many ghans this year as I had hoped. I've had a busy year. I took up running as a way to help improve my lungs (I have COPD) and I've been training for a 10k that I'll run on Thanksgiving... both my kids are in school now and it seems I never have time... but each of us has made a tremendous impact on these babies and no matter how many we wanted to get done - we can contribute to more next year.

A big box arrived earlier this week from Tristi. Little did I know that she sent a clown car box! Look at all this bounty! Not only did she send lovely afghans, but also hair doo dads for the older kids. Great looking scrunchies and a few headbands. I know the older girls will be thrilled.

Thank you Tristi!

Tristi's donation puts us over the 200 ghan mark for the year!

post-2886-1358977110_thumb.jpg

Hi Kathryn,

Well, I managed only eight this year. :hook

If you can believe it, the warehouseman at my work is also sending one with a pair of booties!

And I found a brand new, in the package fleece on clearance for $1.00 so I'm putting it in the box as well. If you think it's okay to donate great, if not maybe you can do your edgery doo thing to it for next year.

Ships this Friday before vacation so you should see the box on Tuesday. If your addy changed PM me, otherwise, I'm shipping to the same address as last year.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! :pilgrim:ttalk See you next year-

Shelley, that's great! Tell your warehouseman "thank you" from me and the babies!

And nobody here can say they donated "only" anything. 8 babies will be blessed by your talents - their families don't look at it as an "only" kind of thing... they will remember you forever.

I'm in the same house... no plans of going anywhere for a couple of decades, so the address is still good!

Delivery Day will be Monday, Nov 28th! Just got the confirmation from my contact at the hospital. Can't wait!

I'm so sorry I have 3 waiting to be mailed. I won't get home until Thanksgiving Day so I cant mail until the Friday after. I wanted to get these to you for this year but things just havent gone as planned. I will still mail them on Friday after Thanksgiving.

Stephanie sent a package with three cuddly soft preemie ghans in it. Unfortunately, I'm having problems with my brand new camera and can't get a picture. I'm hoping my husband can figure it out and I"ll get a picture up tomorrow. But, I wanted to add to the totals in case the camera issue doesn't get straightened out.

So, thank you Stephanie!

Got a picture finally! Here they are!

post-2886-135897714003_thumb.jpg

Edited by badrhinogillett

That number is right Pam! Plus, I have a box here to open, a donation from my co-worker's church friends in my car, and some of my own that I don't think I've added. I'm doing some organzing and then will get pictures of the final ghans up in the tread and update the total.

Tomorrow is delivery day!

Look at these beauties! Plus, a set of booties and a pretty hat that matches one of the ghans. The big ghan in the center has such pretty stitches and a pink and blue ribbon running through it!

post-2886-135897714005_thumb.jpg