2011 - 5th Annual Afghans for NICU Babies for Christmas

badrhinogillett

Before I show off Penny's lovely ghans, let me first say how much I appreciate her patience. Penny's box arrived right around the time my mother-in-law died... which happened to also be the same week my brother-in-law ended his marriage. Needless to say, I haven't had much time here on Crochetville since. She's waited very patiently for me to post pictures. Thank you Penny.

I love RR's.. that's no secret.. Penny's large one has the most lovely boarder on it. It just adds an extra special, delicate touch to it and the baby who gets it will be so blessed!

Sorry Kathryn I forgot about this post, I thought I only remembered you saying the computer was having a hard time uploading them. That is how I missed them because when I saw the post the photos did not show up, so I was looking for a different post but the photo is actually there now. Thanks a bunch. I appreciate your hard work.

Penny

Penny

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mary is the church friend of a co-worker of mine. She contributed last year as well. These are 4 knit blankets and the block colored one is crochet. Three of the knit blankets are corner to corner. They are all so nice.

post-2886-135897688554_thumb.jpg

I have a question for all of you. I like taking photos of the packages you all send me by taking one picture of the whole donation. I think the impact of seeing all the afghans is impressive. However, when there are so many - I know it makes it difficult for you all to see the detail in the ghans.

Would you prefer that I break the pictures down into smaller groupings, or do you like seeing it as one big haul?

• 2 weeks later...

Last weekend, my kids and I got in a car accident (nothing serious) and then I got Pam's box. Pam has waited patiently, while I went to chiropractor appointments and generally just rested, before I got this picture up.

Pam always sends, what I call a "clown car box." - meaning - just when you think you've pulled out the last ghan, another 10 come out of the box.. just like clowns coming out of a volkswagon!

These 24 beauties from Pam come in a variety of sizes and pattern and yarns and will bless the preemies who receive them!

post-2886-135897693015_thumb.jpg

Love seeing the blankets roll in, however you see fit to photograph them works for me.

Here's hoping we'll see more "clown car boxes" soon. That really is a fitting description! :lol The blankets are really adding up. :hook

Looking through the thread is super encouraging. Makes me want to start another blanket right now.

I have to use my small camera to take pictures to put up here - as our higher resolution camera takes pictures of a size that is too large for the board.... I wish that wasn't so, because my camera distorted the coloring of the afghan that is in the upper left of the picture.

That afghan has the most stunning purple color in it. I made me gasp! Absolutely lovely - as are all these ghans. Just look!

post-2886-135897694997_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone - I'm going to be on vacation for about 10 days starting this Thursday. So, please don't send any packages. Everything is being held at the post office but just to be on the safe side - if you have anything to send, please wait to send it so that it arrives after October 10th.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone - I'm going to be on vacation for about 10 days starting this Thursday. So, please don't send any packages. Everything is being held at the post office but just to be on the safe side - if you have anything to send, please wait to send it so that it arrives after October 10th.

Thanks!

Hope you are doing something fun. Enjoy your vacation and wishing you lots of joy and plenty of crochet time while you are away. :hook

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, I see that you live locally. It's exciting to find a local charity! I will love to join in.

I have some questions. However, I have to share personal information.

Please PM me when you come back from the trip.

Enjoy the vacation!

• 2 weeks later...

My co-worker's church has been donating for two years now to this cause. One of the members of her church has a friend at another church who is involved in knitting and crochet for charity. So, these 11 ghans come from the 1st Presb. Church (I didn't spell it out, because I'm a lousy speller).

post-2886-135897704391_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived