2011 - 5th Annual Afghans for NICU Babies for Christmas

badrhinogillett

Before I show off Penny's lovely ghans, let me first say how much I appreciate her patience. Penny's box arrived right around the time my mother-in-law died... which happened to also be the same week my brother-in-law ended his marriage. Needless to say, I haven't had much time here on Crochetville since. She's waited very patiently for me to post pictures. Thank you Penny.

I love RR's.. that's no secret.. Penny's large one has the most lovely boarder on it. It just adds an extra special, delicate touch to it and the baby who gets it will be so blessed!

awww thanks for the kind words Kathryn. I am sorry to hear about your mother in law & brother in law. My prayers are with you. Also the photos did not show up on the post...:hug

Penny

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
awww thanks for the kind words Kathryn. I am sorry to hear about your mother in law & brother in law. My prayers are with you. Also the photos did not show up on the post...:hug

Penny

Thanks Penny - I seem to be having problems uploading pics. I"m going to try one other thing, and then I'll have to email the pics to Amy for her to post in the thread....

These 5 lovely ghans are from Jessica, who also waited patiently while my husband's family life went haywire all around us.

The pink afghan has lovely filet hearts in it - so the baby that has it will literally be wrapped in love!

post-2886-135897678795_thumb.jpg

post-2886-135897678789_thumb.jpg

This picture doesn't show all of the 8 that I did. Several of the patterns I made 2 of, just figured I'd post one of each so you can see the fleece patterns. I've got more fleece sitting around here that I need to edge, I can do them fairly quickly and it brings our numbers up fast!

In case you haven't seen - we are now at 100 ghans! We have 4 more months till delivery, I"m not sure that we'll hit the goal of 300, but I know our numbers are going to go up and I'm greatful to all of you for that!

Ok... I"m trying to figure out how to resize my photos so that they don't have a problem uploading.. Amy uploaded the pic of my ghans... I"lll figure this out and get Jessica and Penny's picture up.

[ATTACH]42415[/ATTACH]

In case you haven't seen - we are now at 100 ghans! We have 4 more months till delivery, I"m not sure that we'll hit the goal of 300, but I know our numbers are going to go up and I'm greatful to all of you for that!

I am working on #7, will probably mail what I have when I finish #7, and then start on another batch!

Looks like lots of lovelies are making their way to you. It's fun to see the different work.

I'm plugging away, don't think I've forgotten about you. Summer is my prime time! Too hot for much else. :lol

Have a great summer everyone. :sun

I am working on #7, will probably mail what I have when I finish #7, and then start on another batch!

That's great!

Looks like lots of lovelies are making their way to you. It's fun to see the different work.

I'm plugging away, don't think I've forgotten about you. Summer is my prime time! Too hot for much else. :lol

Have a great summer everyone. :sun

I don't feel forgotten about! Look at all the wonderful things we have so far!

Hey Kathy

I've discovered sewing and I'm in love. Was wondering if you'd take some sewn blankets and maybe some hair accessories for the older girls. I can hook you up on headbands and scrunchies :D

That sounds fabulous! I"ll take ANYTHING you want to give me! My goal is that the stuff is handmade, I don't care which craft is used to do it! Thank you!

I came home to a package from a Fairy God Mother! 2 lovely and soft afghans, and one very sweet and tiny sweater. What a wonderful surprise! These are beautiful quality and I"m so greatful for the donation!

post-2886-135897681548_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Does shape matter? I have lots of baby yarn, and no babies to crochet for. I love making round ripples, and just found a beautiful Bernat pattern for a round star/ripple baby blanket. I would love to do my part for babies/families in need. :crocheting

Look at these beauties from Debbie! 7 lovely ghans to wrap up babies in love. I need to come up with a word that has more impact than "soft" - because that word doesn't cut it here... These make you say, "aaahhhh" as soon as you touch them!

post-2886-135897685631_thumb.jpg

I am so excited that I came across this earlier today. I have been wanting to make some blankets for a charity and wasn't sure where to give. This really touches my heart because my son had skull surgery at this hospital when he was three months old. All of that is totally behind him now but it's hard to forget what it was like seeing a little guy go through so much.

Well that's enough about that before I make myself cry. :) This is wonderful and I'd like to help!

Thank you for your help, Amanda! I'm glad your son is doing well now, but I know what you mean about it being hard to forget. Even though my son is starting Kindergarten next week, the vision of him having tests performed on him, flying by helicopter to the hospital, and how sick he was is as fresh as it happened yesterday.

Archived