2011 - 5th Annual Afghans for NICU Babies for Christmas

badrhinogillett

I did a year-end look at my stash and my eyes bugged.. I have wayyy too much yarn (I know there is supposed to be no such thing) so I am going to give it my all to de-stash and bury you in blankets. I have enough fleece to make 12 baby blankets in varying sizes and finished my first blanket today (even got the ends weaved in). So I am hoping to get you 12 fleece blankets and hopefully double that in fully crocheted blankets. Might even get hats and scarves during the summer months. Setting my sights high but I think I can do it.. even with a new little one :c9

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm back too. Will seal up the box by the weekend and get it in the mail (ends to weave in). Took a break and worked on some knitting projects but they are much too slow with fine yarn and small needles.

Thank you!

I did a year-end look at my stash and my eyes bugged.. I have wayyy too much yarn (I know there is supposed to be no such thing) so I am going to give it my all to de-stash and bury you in blankets. I have enough fleece to make 12 baby blankets in varying sizes and finished my first blanket today (even got the ends weaved in). So I am hoping to get you 12 fleece blankets and hopefully double that in fully crocheted blankets. Might even get hats and scarves during the summer months. Setting my sights high but I think I can do it.. even with a new little one :c9

Thank you so much!

I have several preemie size hats that were made with a mix of acrylic and "fuzzy" yarns, like fun fur and sadly can not find anywhere to donate them. Would you be able to use them since they have the fun fur type yarns in them?

My motto is: You make it and I'll take it! :lol

Thank you!

Great motto Kathryn. I just made a spreadsheet to add to my notebook with this information on it so I can start sending you things. I will send things your way as I go along throughout the year. Please PM me your information and I'll get these hats out to you next week. Such a great cause. :)

My motto is: You make it and I'll take it! :lol

Thank you!

Oh my goodness, this made me laugh out loud. :lol

I'm in as well. I even have yarnz lined up. I feel my crochet mojo brewing so I hope to get started soon.

Happy New Year everyone!

I couldn't resist buying some baby yarn in pastels yesterday!!

I just bought some too.. time for me to get cracking!

I have a couple blankets to send in the next few weeks if you could PM me your address.

Thank you! Sending you a PM now.

First, an apology (more an explanation really) for not sending the blankets in 2010 that I had promised you. My mother had a major heart attack a week before Thanksgiving (the same day I had washed the blankets before shipping them to you) so everything I was doing got put aside for that. Now that mom is recovering, I'm getting back into the swing of things here at home.

With a 2011 goal of 300, the 3 blankets I've got ready to come your way will get us 1% of the way there! I'll put them in the mail Monday or Tuesday.

Lisa

Here is the first package of this year's drive! It comes from Jaime - fluteloopsjp. Guess what was inside? 35 hats! and a ghan! The afghan reminds me of orange and raspberry sherbert - the colors are so bright and pretty!

post-2886-135897614802_thumb.jpg

post-2886-135897614806_thumb.jpg

I think that this year, rather than keeping a running total of items received with each post, that I will just update the first post in the thread with the totals received. How does that sound? It will make looking for the total alot easier I think.

You can count on me again this year. I love your charity and have found it so fulfilling to participate in your blanket drive for these precious little babies. Thank you again for heading up this so important drive.

LIsa, I"ll say a prayer for your mother's health.

Thank you for sending the ghans!

Thank you for the prayers - we covet them!

I'll post a message to let you know when this snow and ice clears enough for me to get the package to you. Old Man Winter is going strong (which makes for perfect crochet weather!) here in eastern KY.

I think that this year, rather than keeping a running total of items received with each post, that I will just update the first post in the thread with the totals received. How does that sound? It will make looking for the total alot easier I think.

I think this is a great idea! Thank you so much for all that you do with this campaign. It's a lot of work and you do a great job with it.

I want to apologize first for not getting the promised afghans to you in December. I felt bad, but we've had other things happen and I wasn't able to work on the promised items as I had hoped. I know that doesn't mean anything to the families of the babies in the NICU. I'm sorry.

However, I have 4 afghans finished and a total of 12 hats completed at this point. I've made January my "charity month" and have pledged to work on only charity-based items before starting any personal items. (Not that charity should be limited to one month a year - just making sure that is my only objective!)

I hope to get these out in the mail this weekend. And hope to have a couple more hats to add to the mix - home from work today because we got 6-7 inches of snow overnight. I love snow days like this.

Attaching photos so you know what to expect.

post-14127-135897615284_thumb.jpg

post-14127-135897615288_thumb.jpg

Archived