2011 - 5th Annual Afghans for NICU Babies for Christmas

badrhinogillett

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok - I need to go through my ghans and see what I took pictures of and what I didn't. Looks like we are coming in around 230 ghans. Look at how many families will be comforted in their grief and fright - all because of you!

I know we all come from various faith backgrounds - so understand that right now I"m speaking from mine... you all do God's work. I'm humbled by your generosity and so greatful for each and every one of you.

Here are 4 crocheted fleece ghans from me. I didn't get as much done this year as I would have liked.... and truth be told, I'm ashamed of that. You all have done so much. I dedicated this year to trying to improve my health. I have COPD, and I took up running to try to improve my lungs. The good news is, I HAVE improved my lung capacity - the downside is, my crochet suffered.

In 2012, I hope to find the balance and bring my numbers up again.

We can all be proud of the 232 afghans and various other things going to the hospital. Thank you everyone for what you do. I appreciate it more than you realize.

I'll let you all know how the drop off goes tomorrow

post-2886-135897714271_thumb.jpg

Kathryn, no need to be ashamed, your health comes first, without that, we would not

have this great project to contribute to. I also did not do as many as I would have liked, so I plan on "bringing up my numbers" also.

Take Care of yourself.

Debbie

Patty -as of dinner, we hadn't gotten our mail yet. Guess the mailmen have already started the Christmas rush. It's dark out now and our box is several houses down the street (it's locked). I'll check mail tomorrow when I get home and put our first few ghans for 2012 away!

The delivery went well today. They were thrilled, as always, to receive the gifts. They will save the afghans until Christmas, when the first of them will be passed out to the infants by Santa himself. The rest will be given out after that. 232 afghans will go far.

Thank you so much to each and every one of you.

When I get the thank you note from the hospital, I'll post it in this thread, and I"ll start the 2012 thread New Year's weekend.

Kathryn -- Glad the delivery went well. I know it's a bitter sweet thing delivering all those afghans to all those babies and families in need there at the NICU. God bless you for all you do with this project each year. It's such a wonderful drive and I will look forward to participating in the 2012 campaign.

Hi Patty! Sorry that I didn't get to PM you yesterday. I was only home from work for about 15 minutes when we had to shuffle out kids out the door to their choir concert at our local Christmas Tree Lighting.

The box arrived! Thank you so much! You have kicked of the 2012 drive!

The letter arrived from Oakland last night for us. I wanted you all to see how much they appreciate your generosity.

Once again you have gifted our patients with beautiful, colorful, warm "made with love" blankets, scarves and hats. Your commintment to the children at Chirldren's Hospital & Research Center Oakland is evident in your amazing donation.

The holiday gift bags are extra special with the inclusion of one of your creations. These treasured gifts help make the holidays brighter for our patients and families. As a mom and grandmom of a former patient, you understand so well the impact of receiving something that was made with your child in mind.

Please know that it is an honor to partner with you in support of our patients and famailies.

I"ve decided that since I already have Patty's donation kicking of the 2012 drive, that I will start the new thread shortly. Currently, we are having new flooring installed in our house and it's a disaster area. Once that project is complete (hopefully this weekend), I"ll get the new thread started.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Thank you Susan!

I have a few afghans that were delivered that I have to get pics of. I've been MIA last week due to my DD's school report, which took up our entire life. The kid is only in 2nd grade.... I thought this part was supposed to be easy!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived