looking for charities

SharonB551

I recently started this thing where I like to make one new square a day of a pattern that I haven't done before - just to see if I can do it. I am giving all of my 6 inch squares to Share-a-Square, but was wondering if there are other similar charities out there that are looking for a specific size square (8", 10", 12"). I know I can always just put all of the squares that are the same size together to form an afghan, but I am enjoying the Share-a-Square so much that I was wondering if there were other similar projects out there that I am missing.

Thanks

I would like to suggest heartmadeblessings.com

they make squares any pattern which are made into ghans which are then sent to people who need some comfort for whatever reason.

I send my squares, no need to sew tails in- for people who assemble them into bearghans for children who are taken to foster care. God bless these children.

Not too many different patterns for rectangles out there - I love trying new patterns, but then not sure what I want to do with the squares I make - but thanks for the suggestion. I will keep them in mind as well. There is also a group over at ravelry called "We care stitchers" that takes 5, 10, and 15" squares for injured soldiers undergoing rehabilitation in case anyone else is in the same situation I am and wants to do something specifically for the military.

• 2 weeks later...

I would second Heartmade Blessings. They also make comfortghans for families of soldiers killed in action. There are specific color requirements for those squares but you can use any pattern as long as it is 12 inches.

• 10 months later...

Archived