How Many WIPs Do You Have Going???

I used to have 6 or 7 going at once. Then I got burned out for awhile. Now I won't let myself start the next one until I finish the one I'm working on. It's been making me get the one I'm on done faster because I get bored and want to do a new one.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Since I'm only making small things for a fair I've got about 5 that I'm working on right now, a dozen or more sitting around waiting to be finished and ideas for another 20 sitting in my head or on bits of paper around the place :lol Right now I have about 10 bookmarks that need assembling, a beach bag, some stress balls for my parents and a few coin purses that really need doing :hook

I have a laundry list of "This is what I want to do next" things once I get caught up.

Currently, I have 3 projects going:

1. A pair of thread booties for a boy. I got the bib and bonnet done, but I've put the booties off for months because I got bored and was dying for a new project. I've got to get back to this soon. I'm about halfway done with bootie #1.

2. a girl's totebag with a kitty on the front. I shouldn't have started it, but the other day the urge took over. I'm about 1/4 way done on the font side.

3. a girl's sweatshirt with fun fur trim. Cut out the sweatshirt and went on to something else. It really will not take long, so all I need to do is sit down and finish it.

As you can see, I'm really on a roll for doing children's things. I've also got a few sewing projects in the works too, so I really, really need to get busy. Sad thing is, most of them are almost done, but I'm so eager to get to the next one I neglect what I'm currently working on.

Hmmm, let's see I have going on: the "Stacy" top from Cool Crochet, the "Eden" sweater (Moda Dea free pattern), and a scarf which is really a practice knitting project. I hope to finsh Satcy this week so I can get started on the Pennina Jacket.

The eden sweater is my "take-to work" project. I work on it during slow periods here at the dorm.

This weekend my best friend and I are going to attempt crocheting with wire and beads...after a shopping binge at Jo-Ann!:clap

As of today I have Two major WIP's and a few smaller ones.

I'm still working (slow going) on my Little House on the Priaire shawl for the crochet along.

I also have a granny square skirt that I started last year sometime and I have about 32 squares made up for it.

Smaller ones include:

dishcloth sets

some bath sets

cloches

amigurumi's

Ummm, let's see.... 1, 2....14...37....54...236....399....440...587......for a grand total of 5,798!! :eek Just kidding, but it sure seems like it! And I keep buying more yarn and starting more WIPs.........SOMEBODY STOP ME! :yell:sofunny

I only work on one project at a time. That way, I can focus all of my energy on that project and I usually finish it faster because I want to move on to something new.

I wish I had your discipline!!! I'm baaaaaddddd:devil

Hello Lee

Lol think all who crochet usually have more then one project in progress.

Right now I have 3. A baby gift, a shrug for my daughter and a new afghan for hubby.

Life is not a challenage without more then 1 crochet project going lol lol

Too many patterns and too many new yarns and colors out there lol

:hook

I can multi-task at work, but am not so able to do it with crochet very well. Yet. So at present I only have 1 WIP, it's a granny square afghan in homespun (an experiment). But I plan to start another one tonight, another baby hat to donate. We'll see how that goes. :D

right now 2 soon to be 3...i have 2 bubbles blankets, one in grey and pink for me and one in baby yellow for the new baby and on Feb 10th i'll start a 3rd for the crochet olympics :) and that one will be a ripple in baby pink

I have two right now. A blue afghan for the new baby on the block and a block afghan for the county fair. :)

I usually have at least three or more, but I have been working hard getting things done instead of making new projects.

Linda:manyheart

Lets see, I have:

*a scrap afghan for Project Linus (about 30% complete)

*15 blocks done for the scripture afghan CAL (total of 24 blocks needed)

*5 hats completed for the hat-a-week CAL

*Barbie living room furniture in plastic canvas (about 35% complete)

*Piglet applique baby blanket for Project Linus (just started today - I was having a stressful day and just needed to start with something new)

*Raggedy Ann and Andy cross stitch piece (about 15% complete)

*Little ballerina girl cross stitch piece (about 25%)

*Noah's ark embroderied quilt (about 50% complete)

Thats all I can think of right now. But I'm sure the list will grow.

Frogged my LHOTP shawl. Decided that I just really wouldn't end up wearing it and I don't want to spend all that time making it and it not get any use.

I have made so many dishcloths and bath sets..... time to move on.

New WIP's:

Poncho for all 4 of my girls teachers.

Wrist Warmers

I have oodles of WIPs it seems like!

The ones I can think of off the top of my head:

Frog Princess Doudou

Baby Blanket

2 afghans

2 Shawls (one is going to be frogged though)

About 4 different snowflakes

Several animals

2 scarves

1 hat

Several other miscellaneous "quick and easy" projects that have been abandoned in various locations around my apartment....it is starting to look like a WIP graveyard in there as some are now hosting their own personal dust bunnies!

Lapghan for son, scarf for the lady that sells me my lotto tickets (she is always bundled up with a heavy coat in the store and never has anything on her neck) and I'm starting a poncho and starting a scrubbie dishcloth with another (our own little crochet along) as soon as my homespun and cotton arrive.

Cindy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm finishing a cardi and I'm busy with the 200 Crochet Squares CAL and also with a shoulder cozy... I have in mind a scarf for a friend... and I bought yarn for a poncho too... :hook

Archived