Peggy - 18" doll skater

darski

Peggy…18” doll :pinterest

post-4896-135897609078_thumb.jpg

This is as close as I can get to her costume for the 1968 Olympics. There should be a titch more yellow in the lemon/lime yarn but colours change over the decades

Bernat Satin yarn,- “Soft Fern”

Bernat Merry Christmas glimmer yarn (very small amount) and

a small amount of white SportWeight yarn.

4.5mm & 5.mm hook and

an elastic waistband.

The Collar

Fold a strand of glimmer yarn (about 26 inches long) in half twice – you have 4 strands at this point. With a 4.5mm hook and the SW yarn work [ sc, ch 2] along the strands until it is about 6.5” when you do the ch 2, extend along the strands as the chains allow. I have 12 sc and 11 ch 2 segments.

Row 2: work 1 sc in every sc and over each ch. while working over the chains try to get one strand of the glimmer yarn as well. Break off . Deal with the tails later when you have the firmer WW yarn to work through.

Costume… working from collar down

Row 3: work *dc in 1, 2dc in next* to end. I have 51 sts at this point.

Row 4: dc in 5, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 11, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 10, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 11, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 6. (59 dc)

Row 5: dc in 7, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 13, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 112, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 13, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 6. (67 dc)

Row 6: dc in 9, sk 15, dc in 18, sk 15, dc in 10. (37 dc)

Row 7: hdc in 5, dc in 5, dc into sleeve hole, dc in 5, hdc in 8, dc in 5, dc in sleeve hole, dc in 4, hdc in 5.

Row 8: dc evenly across. (39 dc)

Row 9: dc working in 1 increase on backs and front sides. (43 dc)

Row 10: dc in 8. hdc in next, sc in next, hdc in next, dc in 20, hdc in next, sc in next, hdc in next, dc in 9.

Row 11:[dc in 1, 2 dc in next] to end –end w/ dc in 1.. Join.

Row 12: dc around working 1 dc over the join. (65dc)

Row 13 &15: dc evenly.

Row 14: inc by 8 sts evenly around

Break off and tidy ends.

post-4896-135897609085_thumb.jpg

Sleeves…

Att yarn in armhole and work around in dg/ Work 4 dec over the cap of the sleeve and I like to start with sc/hdc in the base to form a better sleeve. I worked 7 rows. Break off Satin yarn and att sp yarn.

Trim… wrap a large strand of Bernat glimmer yarn around the sleeve then use the sport yarn to crochet over the strands. I used the same sc/ ch2 that I used on the collar. Break off and tidy all ends .

Panty…

post-4896-13589760909_thumb.jpg

5.mm hook and Bernat satin yarn

work 46 sc over elastic waistband

Rows 1 -5 : hdc evenly.(46)

Row 6: [dc/hdc] in first st, hdc in 21, [hdc/dc] in next, [dc/hdc] in next, hdc to last, [hdc/dc] in last.

Row 7: [dc/hdc] in first st, hdc in 4,hdc dec, hdc in 5, hdc dec, hdc in 10, [hdc/dc] in next, [dc/hdc] in next, hdc in 10, hdc dec, hdc to last, [hdc/dc] in last.

Row 8: [dc/hdc] in first st, hdc in 8, hdc dec, hdc in 11, hdc dec [hdc/dc] in next, [dc/hdc] in next, hdc dec, hdc in 11, hdc dec, hdc to last, [hdc/dc] in last.

Row 9: hdc in 8, hdc dec, hdc in 15, sl st into 1st hdc, hdc in 15, hdc dec, hdc in 8, sl st into other crotch st., sl st to join row.

Sc around leg openings.

NOTE: I had to work some extra stitches across the crotch area to keep it modest. I have to do more work on this technique I guess. (( sigh))

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2010

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

This is so Wonderful

Love it!!

Thank you so much for sharing this pattern...My Grandaughter is getting a AG doll for Christmas...now Grammys needles will be working hard:):hook

Oh my, I'll bet members under ..mumble.. years old won't recognize her, but I'd have made the connection even if you didn't name her Peggy. She's wonderful!

I remember her very well:)

She was sooooo beautiful on the Ice....mumble

• 7 years later...

Archived