Pics of 2 ghans in Post #132, finally! :)

loopy1

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you, Mary! I will be stalking the letter carrier this week. :mailbox With the addition of your squares, I hope I can come up with the 2 layouts. And I will be sure to let you know when they arrive. :hug

I just came from the Post Office, and the squares are on their way to you.

Let me know if they arrive safely, and hope they are of use to you:hug

• 2 weeks later...
I just came from the Post Office, and the squares are on their way to you.

Let me know if they arrive safely, and hope they are of use to you:hug

Thank you, Mary! I will be stalking the letter carrier this week. :mailbox With the addition of your squares, I hope I can come up with the 2 layouts. And I will be sure to let you know when they arrive. :hug

Mary, received the 6 squares and the 3 angel pins for each of the children. They look perfect for the 2 girls' afghans and the angel pins are so precious!. :ty Just gotta get working on the layouts.

So sorry for the delay in letting you know as there has been a long hospital stay for my ex husband and he passed yesterday morning.

Will post pics as soon as I can. :hug

Thank you for your condolences. In spite of the circumstances, it was good to be with my youngest (ex) step-son and his family. They live here but we've been out of touch since the divorce. Not because of ill feelings...it just happened. Also, the middle step-son came in from Louisiana and my daughter & her 10 yr old son came in from Dallas. My son lives here and it was good listening to the 4 of them tell stories of when they were kids. My ex had suffered a lot over the past 3-4 years so it was a blessing for him to be freed from all that. There was a lot of support for the family and I believe it will continue. They all have a very strong faith and trust in God. Thanks you, again. :hug

Glad to hear that you got all the suares you needed.

Sorry to hear about your ex. It is always hard to lose someone you know.:hook

Sorry, to hear the bad news, it sounds like you are due some rest.

Take it easy, or you will go down, :hug

Glad you could use the squares, and happy to help.

I used orchid and aran on this square and would like opinions. Should I have used more aran on the outer rounds?

I think your square is very pretty, the way it is and it would be pretty with more aran, what is the pattern?

:) Thank you, Evelyn! It's a free pattern called Grandma's Heart Square and is on Ravelry. I found it very difficult to follow the pattern but at this link, someone has rewritten it which helped. However, I do not like the 1st pic with all the open spaces and I couldn't find instructions on how to make the other squares that are pictured. So I just made dc rounds. Also, I had a problem with the shaping of the heart, especially at the top, Had to improvise to keep it from looking too rounded. In the pattern pic it looks great but mine didn't turn out that way following the pattern.

If you don't have a Ravelry account, it's easy to create one and it's free. Seems like most patterns are going that route.

I think your square is very pretty, the way it is and it would be pretty with more aran, what is the pattern?

Pic of layout for one of my great nieces. Have to move the other layout into the right light before I can take a pic and doing this little task makes my back hurt. :sigh

Still need to take single pics of the 6 squares karishma sent. Two are in this layout...Top row, 2nd from left is Never Ending Love pattern in RHSS Baby Pink. Love this pattern and karishema did a fantastic job. I made one in Aran but can't make it fit into either layout. 4th row, 2nd from left with the little angel pinned on it is Cable Hearts. Another one of my favorites. karishema made an angel for each child. The other 4 squares are in the 2nd layout...two are the same as the ones in this 1st layout and the other 2 are solid purple squares.

Please let me know what you think. Thanks! :ghug

post-7514-135897701096_thumb.jpg

Thanks, Melani. Yep, Ville members are LOADED with talent!

So, do you approve of this layout? I have no idea how long it will take me to post a pic of the other one. Think I'll go work on it now. I feel motivated! :D

Lovely!! Lots of hearts, and a few butterflies... Beautiful! Everyone that sent squares for this afghan is very talented!! :D

Thanks, Melani. Yep, Ville members are LOADED with talent!

So, do you approve of this layout? I have no idea how long it will take me to post a pic of the other one. Think I'll go work on it now. I feel motivated! :D

:yes I think this layout is very nice!

Here are both layouts so you can see them side by side. Please tell me if you think I should switch any squares between the two layouts or rearrange in any way. Would really appreciate that.

I first thought that the 2nd layout has more light colored squares but looking at them side by side, the 1st layout has its share of light colors as well.

I still need to get pics of karishema's squares...here's where they are in the 2nd layout...going from left to right:

top row, the 4th square

2nd row, the 3rd square: Never Ending Love in RHSS Baby Pink

Bottom row, 1st square

Bottom row, 4th square with the angel pinned on it: Cabled Hearts

Links for Never Ending Love and Cabled Hearts are in my 1st post.

NOTE: In 2nd pic, 4th row, 3rd square is a dark purple. Hubby said it might look black. If any of the squares look black, they're not...they're dark purple. Funny how some of the identical squares look different in the two pics. In the 1st pic, the 2 squares on each end of the middle rows show the puffs really well while in the 2nd pic you can barely see them. And in the 2nd pic, 2nd row, last square on left side came out really good...have 2 of these in each ghan...pattern is Cross Your Heart.

Sorry I am rambling here. I just love all the squares and really appreciate everyone's contributions. :hug

Also, thanks to Becky I got suggestions on what to join the squares with. Please tell me what you might use to join the squares.

Well, white will work, or cream, or baby pink, or...I don't know if variegated pink and white would work with that or not. I don't think I'd do lavender, but it might work at that.

post-7514-135897701122_thumb.jpg

post-7514-135897701125_thumb.jpg

Oh, yeah! :yes Those both look great!

IF I were going to change anything, my only suggestion would be to put the two angel squares in the same place on both afghans, however I love them just like they are, too!

I believe I'd use soft white or ivory to join and border, since you asked... :wink

I can't wait to see them all finished - your great nieces are going to LOVE these!! :heart

I agree with the soft white or ivory to join.

Another idea, since you have 4 angel squares, I would put them in the 2 caddycorners. But the same on both afghans. They really look good.:hook

Melani, are you talking about the 2 squares with the little white angels on them? Those are pins that karishema made for all the children. I just pinned them to her squares to show what she made. Those 2 squares are the Cabled Hearts pattern.

Oh, yeah! :yes Those both look great!

IF I were going to change anything, my only suggestion would be to put the two angel squares in the same place on both afghans, however I love them just like they are, too!

I believe I'd use soft white or ivory to join and border, since you asked... :wink

I can't wait to see them all finished - your great nieces are going to LOVE these!! :heart

Mary Jo, are you talking about the same 2 squares as Melanie as well as the 2 squares you made? I believe the ones you made are called Angel Wings or something like that. Is that correct?

I agree with the soft white or ivory to join.

Another idea, since you have 4 angel squares, I would put them in the 2 caddycorners. But the same on both afghans. They really look good.:hook

Those are the only squares with angels that I see.

I meant to ask about this square...if I can use it in the ghans. I have two of them so one could go in each square. When doing the layouts, I wasn't sure how to fit them in.

I also made some squares but I don't think any of them are in the layouts (you think I would know, wouldn't you :think). Anyway, I certainly want to use all the squares everyone made. So I do have some extras and wonder what I can do with them. A pillow??

post-7514-135897701376_thumb.jpg

Mary Jo, are you talking about the same 2 squares as Melanie as well as the 2 squares you made? I believe the ones you made are called Angel Wings or something like that. Is that correct?

Those are the only squares with angels that I see.

Yes they were the 4 squares I meant. I did not know that the little angels were pins. I thought they were angels sewn onto the square.:hook

Yes, Jeannie, I was talking about the Angel pins, too. I also thought they were stitched onto the squares! :lol

I think a pillow would be a great idea for the other squares, also! :hug

• 3 weeks later...

A quick note to let you all know I've been working on edging the squares for my 2 great nieces and it's going very well. These are gonna be some really big afghans! On hindsight, I would have asked for 9 or 10" squares. The edging is gonna add at least another inch between squares. Not sure yet what I will do for the border. I think I'm looking at afghans measuring 52-53" wide by 65-66" long. Whew!

Then I need to tackle my great nephew's afghan. :hook:crocheting

A quick note to let you all know I've been working on edging the squares for my 2 great nieces and it's going very well. These are gonna be some really big afghans! On hindsight, I would have asked for 9 or 10" squares. The edging is gonna add at least another inch between squares. Not sure yet what I will do for the border. I think I'm looking at afghans measuring 52-53" wide by 65-66" long. Whew!

Then I need to tackle my great nephew's afghan. :hook:crocheting

:cheer You can do it! :yay

That's actually wonderful news that the afghans will be so large. They should last for a nice long time, and the kids shouldn't outgrow them any time soon!! :hug

Yep, the weight on my shoulders is feeling a bit lighter. :D

:cheer You can do it! :yay

That's actually wonderful news that the afghans will be so large. They should last for a nice long time, and the kids shouldn't outgrow them any time soon!! :hug

Archived