missykeough

Canadian online yarn stores

I'm looking for cotton yarn (preferably Lily Sugar n Cream, solid colours) that ships from/to Canada. I am in BC and can only seem to find online sites that don't ship internationally.

Thanks!!

I sometimes buy from http://herrschners.ca , they now ship from Canada. However, if the item is not in stock here, there can be a delay. I did have to wait once (2 months) but that was only once, usually I get my items quickly.

There is also http://marymaxim.ca . It was trickier to find there, it didn't show up under yarns, but under pattern books (home decor then one of the Lily books) as a sidebar "you may also like"?

Sorry, I don't know anything about that yarn, but Elann.com is based in Delta, BC.

I think there is someplace called karps?

Just to let anyone who might shop at herrschners.ca, they (obviously) ship to Canada, but the item is still being shipped from the States. For some that doesn't matter, but I was going to order from there thinking it was shipping from within Canada, and would take a maximum of one week to reach me, while we all know that going through customs will really delay your order. There is also the chance of paying taxes, customs/duty fees, and brokerage fees.

Also, fabric.com has Lion brand (and maybe Lily's) and ships to Canada. OP, any chance you are close to the US boarder?

I second Mary Maxim, they had some Bernat cotton on sale for less then $1 a skein the other day. I bought a bunch.

Just to let anyone who might shop at herrschners.ca, they (obviously) ship to Canada, but the item is still being shipped from the States. For some that doesn't matter, but I was going to order from there thinking it was shipping from within Canada, and would take a maximum of one week to reach me, while we all know that going through customs will really delay your order. There is also the chance of paying taxes, customs/duty fees, and brokerage fees.

Also, fabric.com has Lion brand (and maybe Lily's) and ships to Canada. OP, any chance you are close to the US boarder?

one other thing i have come to know is that they will not ship certain crochet hooks. Doesn;t make sense as they also ship some.