Christmas Tree dishcloths

Belsa

I found this pattern in the Nov/Dec issue of Crochet Today. I went up to a G hook and used cotton yarn to make dishcloths I could add to my Christmas packages this year. This was really quick and easy...just the kind of pattern I love! It is a great feeling to sit down to crochet and watch a movie and at the end of that movie have a pile of finished items!

post-44272-135897605454_thumb.jpg

post-44272-135897605456_thumb.jpg

Very nice pattern. I went to crochet today and subscribed to the magazine because of your dishcloths. lol I will have to look downtown tomorrow and see if I can find that issue. Is it the Christmas tree garland pattern that you used for the dishcloths? It looks like it.

Very nice pattern. I went to crochet today and subscribed to the magazine because of your dishcloths. lol I will have to look downtown tomorrow and see if I can find that issue. Is it the Christmas tree garland pattern that you used for the dishcloths? It looks like it.

yes, that is the one. the funny thing is that I saw this magazine a while ago when it first came out but as I flipped through I just didnt see anything I wanted to make. a friend sent me a picture a few days a ago and I decided I wanted to make it. then all they had was the jan/feb issue available. I went in every store I could think of. finally I gave up and then found it in a book store where someone had stuck it in with the crochet books...I was thrilled and came home to make it right away!

I just saw the link to the granny trees too and made a couple of those. it is a free pattern and was so quick to make. be sure to check it out too!

http://theroyalsisters.blogspot.com/2009/11/grandma-tree-tutorial.html

yes, that is the one. the funny thing is that I saw this magazine a while ago when it first came out but as I flipped through I just didnt see anything I wanted to make. a friend sent me a picture a few days a ago and I decided I wanted to make it. then all they had was the jan/feb issue available. I went in every store I could think of. finally I gave up and then found it in a book store where someone had stuck it in with the crochet books...I was thrilled and came home to make it right away!

I just saw the link to the granny trees too and made a couple of those. it is a free pattern and was so quick to make. be sure to check it out too!

http://theroyalsisters.blogspot.com/2009/11/grandma-tree-tutorial.html

You did a great job on your dishcloths. They look so awesome and whoever you give them too for gifts will love them. I hope I find the magazine now. Thanks so much for the link to the granny trees. lol Sooo cute they are too.

I love these! I saw your post at work and stopped at 4 places on the way home and no one has the magazine! :( Does anyone want to sell there issue? I would like to make these to go along with my other dish cloths for gifts. So far I have 39 done and one on the hook.

I looked everywhere in my Town too and couldn't find it. Did a search and found it on eBay. Toolman is the cheapest I found so I bought the magazine from him and he has 4 left. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370465187327 hope it is okay to post this link to eBay?

I looked everywhere in my Town too and couldn't find it. Did a search and found it on eBay. Toolman is the cheapest I found so I bought the magazine from him and he has 4 left. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370465187327 hope it is okay to post this link to eBay?

thanks for sharing this! so glad you found it! the price with shipping is about what you would pay in the store...I hope he ships it quickly

thanks for sharing this! so glad you found it! the price with shipping is about what you would pay in the store...I hope he ships it quickly

Me too and ur welcome! lol what a good idea to make these into dishcloths and what a neat looking pattern.

I saw that too, but the shipping says the 17th to the 27th. I need to make these for christmas.

I think that time frame is his estimate as I bought it late this afternoon and he said he will ship it tomorrow per email that he sent me clarifying it so that is pretty good service. Although I am from Canada so I don't expect it in time for Christmas but I will be ready for next year. lol

Archived