My first clothespin angel

As some of you may know, I've been totally spoiled by 3 wonderful Elves who sent me gifts (Holiday RAOK 2010). I want everybody to know that I make a good use of it...

I tried a few new snowflakes pattern :flake and I will show them when they're dry - now stiffen and pinned to the board... :)

One Elf started my adventure with clothespins angels, which are totaly new to me, but I love them! Yesterday I made the very first one! I used cream+gold thread for the dress and cream for wings. I really like it!

post-30828-13589760456_thumb.jpg

I had no idea about clothespins angels or dolls before. No such clothespins in Poland... So I know I will make more of such angels for my crocheting friends and relatives for Christmas and I know they'll enjoy them :gift

If clothespins angels are familiar to you, could you tell me - do you starch them? I didn't and it looks ok, but I think I'll try to stiffen the second and compare... hm....:scrachin

Very pretty. I have made several and I have not startched them. I guess you can, to make them stand out, but I would lightly startch if you can. You will find, that as you get use to the pattern, they make up pretty fast.

Well, it looks liek we are making you very busy, which is ok, as long as you are having fun. Can't wait to see the snowflakes.:hook

Edited by Tampa Doll

That angel is really, really cute. Was that a kit or just a pattern? Wonder where it came from?

[snip--removed links to filtered sites] I have the same pattern book as APAK. It has several designs and it is called Christmas Clothespin Angels to Crochet by Leisure Arts.

Thank you Mary Jo. I think they're really cute.

[snip--removed links to filtered sites] I have the same pattern book as APAK. It has several designs and it is called Christmas Clothespin Angels to Crochet by Leisure Arts.

Thank you for your comments and advise. I think starching lightly is a good idea. In a moment I'm starting another angel and then I'll try.

It's impossible to WAIT very long if you see such wonderful patterns as I got. :lol I feel sooo inspired :c9 They are quick and easy to make :hook

Here is a free pattern Here is another pattern I have the same pattern book as APAK. It has several designs and it is called Christmas Clothespin Angels to Crochet by Leisure Arts.

For some reason the first link does not work, but if you go to LeisureArts Library.com you can purchase some Angel Clothespins from $1.99 to 2.99. They are downloadable. Just type in Angel Clothspins in the search section.

As some of you may know, I've been totally spoiled by 3 wonderful Elves who sent me gifts (Holiday RAOK 2010). I want everybody to know that I make a good use of it...

I tried a few new snowflakes pattern :flake and I will show them when they're dry - now stiffen and pinned to the board... :)

One Elf started my adventure with clothespins angels, which are totaly new to me, but I love them! Yesterday I made the very first one! I used cream+gold thread for the dress and cream for wings. I really like it!

[ATTACH]31552[/ATTACH]

I had no idea about clothespins angels or dolls before. No such clothespins in Poland... So I know I will make more of such angels for my crocheting friends and relatives for Christmas and I know they'll enjoy them :gift

If clothespins angels are familiar to you, could you tell me - do you starch them? I didn't and it looks ok, but I think I'll try to stiffen the second and compare... hm....:scrachin

I really like it too! You did a great job.

I make these angels all the time. I use different colors for different gifts. My cousins kids have christmas ones, and one in their favorite color. I have never starched them. Try holding metallic thread with the cotton...it is a beautifull effect

The thread I used for the dress contains of cotton and metallic thread plaited together. Today I starched lightly the second angel and I will see the difference. I suppose I won't be able to decide which one looks better :lol

Anyway, as I counted all the people I'd like to make these angels for (including MYSELF of course :D ) I think I need to order more clothespins... :hook

beautiful. I would like to try crocheting with thread, but it looks so difficult.

the hardest part is getting used to holding the smaller material...and then switching back to yarn will feel like you are using rope for a bit. I reccommend getting thread hooks with handles similar to what you use for yarn that way you will not have to try and adjust to a tiny hook