Round ripple and poncho

momofgmd

My nephew was born very early and has just been able to get out of the hospital and go home! I made this blanket for him as a kind of welcome home present.

Calebsblanket.jpg

He has an older sister, so I made her a poncho -- just because it's fun to get stuff. :wink This is the first time I have tried to incorporate beads into one of my projects. I found it kind of a pain, but I really don't know if I was doing it right. I strung the beads on before I started, and then I finagled them (frogged and then finagled again, and again) to the exact spot that I wanted them. I like the look of them. They add a little "something." But I don't know how much I will use beads in the future.

Lydiasponcho.jpg

I only used beads in one row close to the neckline. (I can't believe how long it took me just to get that one row right :loco) Here is a close up of the neckline though.

Lydiasponchocloseup.jpg

• 3 years later...

Love the rr is this the first one you ever made? If it is you're going to get addicted to making them lol. I love the colors of the poncho too, I never tried working with beads before but you did a great job with them.

Archived