A Purse with No Name

MarvieN

Here is the purse I designed to submit to the 2007 calendar. I haven't found a name for it yet though, hence the title of this post lol.

apurse33qj.jpg

Best pic I could get of the detail...

apurse25jl.jpg

Above the spike stitch there's a round of crossed doubles and edged in rsc.

OMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!! I sent an email just under a half hour ago and Ms Modesitt already replied and she's accepting the purse!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am in shock, tears welled when I read her email. I never woulda thunk it.... Hey Deneen... THANK YOU for suggesting I submit something, I never would have done it without your gentle prodding =)

I have to go get me some chocolate to celebrate *g*

Congrats on the bag getting accepted! :cheer I love the bag ...it kinda reminds me of icicleshanding off a house in the winter. Okay I really am longing for the colder weather :flake .

Elizabeth

Congrats on getting accpeted...(gawd my spellin is baaad to-day :lol) When I first saw the purse, it reminded me of the top and floor of a cave, with the umm (thinking back to 7th grade science class here) staglamites?? thats probally spelled wrong too :lol but what my point was, the name suggestion of "dark cavern" purse or something like that!! its VERY pretty!!

Marvie, your purse is really beautiful, too bad we have to wait a whole year to get the pattern, but I'm really happy for you being accepted for the calendar!!!

No wonder you're floating around the ceiling, I would be too :c9

That ois simply gorgeous! I agree that it looks like feathers. It also reminds me a bit of the Coco Chanel style - that simple elegant look...perhaps "Coco-ish" although I have to admit, I DO like Marvie-lous!

Congratulations Marvie!!!!! I'm so happy for you! :yay

Of course, I have a song stuck in my head now..."ohhhhhhhh I'm walking 'round town, with a purse with no name..."

or the more festive U2 inspired song...

"I want to shop, I want to buy, I want to make me a purse, and put things in side...I want to figure out what to call the thing...it's a purse with no name...ohhhhhhhh it's a purse with no name!"

Congratulations Marvie!:clap There was a question asked in another part of this board, Who is famous from where you live? Man, there are gonna be a lot of famous people in Crochetville. We can all claim all of our published friends of Crochetville!:yay

Thanks ya'll =) You won't have to wait a whole year *g* just as soon as I hear from the ladies who are testing it for me I'll be posting the pattern. I just want to make sure first that I don't need to fix anything.

The handles are done with two strands of yarn and a smallish hook (for stiffness) I chained as long as I wanted the handles to be, sc'd down both sides, then sl stitches the edges together to form a round cord. They still aren't super stiff, but they work out alright, they stand on their own lol. I didn't have purse handles and that was the best solution I could come up with.

Archived