mimicat

"the sak" inspired bags

mimicat, those are so impressive! You've inspired me to add "make bag" to my to-do list.

I WANT that pink one!! mimi you do such amazing work, very professional looking. you will have no problem selling your creations. I bow down to you!! Just amazing. You also have great vision.

Thanks so much Trish!

I just imitated the stripes on the “sak” bags I saw online. If I had designed it myself I would have sold the pattern for it.

The bags actually look bigger in the photos:

Here’s a brief description that I’d put if I were to sell those striped bags:

"A small backpack made of mercerized cotton thread worked in 3 strands.

This bag measures 8" x 3" x 9" with straps measuring 29". It has a cotton cloth lining inside with pockets for cellphone, pen and calling cards."

I would encourage those who haven’t tried crocheting in tightweave to try making your own bags like this. It is worth the effort.:hook You can probably figure out the stripes with a bigger photo:

244798644_873fe4ece4_m.jpg

Several members have asked where I got the pattern for the brown bag, I’m not sure I had this info posted already. So I just scanned the magazine cover now. Here it is:

244801751_2a870c17c4_m.jpg

Thanks again everyone for the compliments!:hook

those are really fantastic!...the stitches look so "clean".....my daughter keeps asking me to make her a bag just like that....man, i'd rather purchase one from you!

L-A

Oh good to know... I am using a smaller needle..."0" (it is KILLING my fingers with the sc...) Dc is not that bad... it is coming out MUCH tighter than the "G" hook did... that is why I went down... Like I said earlier... I also used the La Espiga... That does call for a "0" hook and that was even worse... I would take the hook even smaller next time... It does appear to work up better.

So Pretty! I really like the cream one with the red stripes!