"the sak" inspired bags

mimicat

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow great work! Everyone's talking about picking faves heck I'd take them all (A gal can't have to many bags!:blush )

Thanks all for your wonderful comments! :) I would like to answer the questions posted here.

The materials I used for all these bags are Cannon cotton threads size 8. I crocheted using 3 strands of this thread and a 6/0 (or 3.5mm) hook.

The pattern for the brown bag is found in this magazine.

The drawstring ropes were crocheted with sc's on the left ridge at the back of the sc below. (dont know if that is accurate description). I learned to do this cord as a variation of the stitch used in this pattern. I started with ch 2 and 4 sc's on the 2nd ch from hook, then sc'd around facing the inside of the cord. For a closer look at the drawstring cords and the straps see here.

I intend to sell the two striped ones because those have not been used yet. I also have one more brown bag which is 80% done.

My favorite is the black one, though I wish to put a keychain similar to that of "the sak". Also, I like it because its drawstring is also its strap unlike the others where the drawstring cord is separate.:hook Thanks!

Archived