Crochet what's in your Ravelry queue crochet along 2011

bigfunfam

I was looking at my queue and thinking that I really need to actually make these things and declutter my queue, lol. I have 180 items in my queue :D They aren't all crochet though, some are knitting. And some I need to remove because I have actually made them already. I thought it would be neat to see how many I can accomplish in the next year.

Does anyone want to join me? We can start now, or wait until January. I thought it would be more fun to do it with others ;)

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in! I had thought about starting something similar to this. Not only do I have a bunch of patterns in my queue, but I have tons that I have saved on my computer. My crochet pattern folder on the computer is then broken down into folders for kitchen/bath, baby, afghans, accessories, etc. I was going to see how many new patterns I could do in 2011 and as I go, delete some of the ones that I will probably never attempt. Instead of stash busting, it's pattern busting. LOL.

twinklesnow - I took a peek at the blog you started. Your Christmas ghan looks very nice so far.

By this weekend I should be able to spend some time deciding what I would like to start first. I just edited my siggy to include a link to me on Ravelry. I'm surprised there are only 37 items in my queue. I must have deleted some, at some point.

I'll join in! I just added stuff to my queue yesterday. A camisole, couple sweaters, another pair of Tunisian Slipper Socks and an afghan (but that's knit). I'm there as Tia- (with hyphen).

• 2 weeks later...

I have finished all of my Christmas projects, so I am going start working on my Ravelry queue.

I have chosen three things to work on. I work on multiple projects so that I can work on whatever fits the mood that I am in, lol.

These are the three that I have chosen:

Snow Yo Man

Yet Another Market Bag

Crochet Snuggle Up Throw With Sleeves

The "snuggie" is going to be really ugly because I am using my scrap yarn and the colors don't really coordinate, lol. I bet when it's finished the kids will still fight over who gets to use it, lol.

I am also going to work on a few more quick little Christmas ornaments.

Oh, on Ravelry I am bigfunfam too ;)

So I am currently working on my bag pattern by Lucy of Attic 24! I am loving it so far but it's slow going and weaving in all the ends is going to be painful.

Also working on (and almost finished with) Eva's Shawl!

I've been debating whether to join this CAL, though it would have to be with a stealth queue. I belong to Ravelry, but have never really gotten into it. Partly because of my computer. I can do it at work where we have fast internet, but I have pokey dial up at home, and any searches are so massive, that forget the little coffee cup be-patient icon. I could cook dinner for 18 while I wait for search results to load. It just isn't worth it.

But I have a long queue in a spreadsheet. At the moment, it contains 13 projects with patterns and yarn matched, and 6 more yarn groups waiting their pattern to be chosen. (And we're not going into the stash issue, all the other yarn that doesn't have patterns, and all the patterns that don't have yarn!)

19 doesn't sound like much, but these are all lapghans, well, 1 baby blanket, almost done, and maybe two others with some lovely yarn I got not long ago. So that's a LOT of stitches before I can mark them off!

If I can come in and play with you despite my Ravelry challenged computer, I know I'll be more motivated to keep beavering away at all these. I really do want to do them -- so I can build a whole new queue!

So I am currently working on my bag pattern by Lucy of Attic 24! I am loving it so far but it's slow going and weaving in all the ends is going to be painful.

Also working on (and almost finished with) Eva's Shawl!

I made an attic24 bag and I love it!!! I didn't enjoy weaving in the ends, lol. But it was worth it :) I may just have to change into that purse today :)

Please come and play Donna :) Ravelry is really slow on my netbook too. Someday I'll get the money to buy a "real" computer that will be fast and speedy for all of two weeks before it is obsolete. But for now I just do a lot of waiting, lol.

Oh, and when I find something on the net that I like I see if it's in the Ravelry database to add to my queue by searching by title. Still it's slow though.

Dh has been on vacation and I haven't gotten a chance to crochet much while he has been home. That man can keep me running, lol.

Last night I organized my stash better, and bundled up yarn for projects. Some stayed the same as I'd planned, some I deferred, some are new. Today or tomorrow I will rework my list to account for changed plans, add some hypothetical ones that I have not yet physically set aside, and then add a line to my signature to tick them off.

You sound very organized! Me not so, lol. I like the idea of setting aside yarn for specific projects. I may give it a try ;)

oh yeah :D. I should do the same, go through the stash and even put the patterns with the yarn in a bag and into the queue but, :eek :eek Scary to get that far into the stash...

Archived