Please help!!!

I did my first craft show, and the lady set up across from me had soaps for sell. She asked if she could contract out my work for soap savers. Please tell me what you think. If you have contracted out your work to another persion I would love to here your thoughts. Thank you for taking time to read and answer this.

• 5 weeks later...

It sounds like she wants to buy wholesale from you, rather than retail. You would make less money per item, but sell more items.

For the level you are both selling (Craft Shows) you ought to be able to come up with an easy contract that would make you both happy. For example, 2 dozen soap savers all in one size, in the same design, but in a variety of colors. You have them ready for her by a certain date and she will pay you a specified amount. Get it in writing.

If you don't feel you can meet her expectations, say so. Don't be pushed into something you are fairly sure you can't do, just because she wants it. You'll be a wreck. Do what suits you and the time you have to crochet.

That depends on how many she wants. I'm not production crocheter so my answer would just no.

If you're going to continue with the craft shows and she'll be there too I wouldn't. It does sound like she wants to buy wholesale so you could end up at the table next to her again watching your work sell for a profit. Could you handle that?

Archived