2011 Combo Challenge

JulieKay

Would you like to have more than one book category per month ,and how many would you like ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have more than one book category per month ,and how many would you like ?

• 2 different choices
    • A new choice each week

good morning ladies....its warming up here. we're in the middle of a chinook - so the snow will melt and temps will get above 0C for a week or so. yay....

haven't found a book yet, but I know that there are lots of winter/christmas/holiday books in my library.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good for you Jennifer !

We always need more good teachers, and if I was a teacher, I'd choose the bigger kids too. I think teenagers are a HOOT .

I have a couple I can give you.....free of charge.....I want nothing in return.......consider my gift to you for being such a great friend. :devil

Greetings--thanks for the welcome, and it's fun to see some new folks here. When you've got crocheting and books in common...should be great! I have read two PICTURE books that fit our criteria--Geraldine's Big Snow and The Christmas Day Kitten (by James Herriot). Since I have a 6yo, I'll be reading a lot more Christmas/winter themed books this month. It probably isn't fair to count them. If I can find it, I might re-read John Grisham's "Skipping Christmas." That is is one of the funniest books, ever, and the movie didn't even begin to do it justice. Done right, I think it could be as much of a classic as "it's a Wonderful LIfe."

Judy, how sweet! I had such a blast being your secret pal...It was the most fun, and the only secret pal swap I ever did.

Good morning, Julie please count me in on the fun Cal. I will not have a book with the theme for December to sometime this week.

Books I Read or Am Readi

1. Debbie Macomber "Call Me Mrs. Miracle" 12/10

2. Heather Graham "Home in Time for Christmas" 12/10

Crafts:

1. Snowflakes - 12/10 in progress

Judy, how sweet! I had such a blast being your secret pal...It was the most fun, and the only secret pal swap I ever did.

It was really special:yes...and wow...the only swap for you!:eek

I'm having to curtail mine now...budget has been reviewed at home:lol

It was really special:yes...and wow...the only swap for you!:eek

I'm having to curtail mine now...budget has been reviewed at home:lol

No, not the only swap (although I'm very careful about what I commit to)--just the only secret pal swap. We haven't had those for a long time.

Hi Linda !

Thanks for giving us your first name . I have it on the list now .

Tab

Thanks so much for offering to share your teenagers,but I already rode that ride 3 times myself,so I believe I will give you the pleasure of completing the journey .

Karen

It's totally ok with me if you count the kid's books you are reading,but you can make your own choice of whether you want to or not, or whether you want to count a certain number as the same as an adult book. Either way is fine .

AsI said ,no strict rules here ,as long as we toss a quarter in our jar for each book or project, it all goes towards a good cause .

Hi Cheeria

Got you added to the list,and your name is now clickable on post 1 .

Karen

Thanks for telling us about the Grisham book. I have read several of his, but not the Christmas one .Maybe I'll make a library run tomorrow and see if it's in .

Its great to see that this is a chatty thread. I'm hoping that we get to know each other at least a little bit.

I had to work today, (I'm a critical care nurse), and am now looking forward to two days off. I'm considering doing my grocery shopping tonight, (I think I can con my dh into going with me), and then I can stay home all day tomorrow. I need to finish the two Christmas gift afghans I have going.

I have read the December book and am eagerly awaiting the Janaury crochet project!

I have decided to go back to school to work toward getting a teaching certificate. I would love to teach middle or high school math. This is my first semester back and I chose History of Mathematics. It's been interesting to see how much I have forgotten since my last college math class 15 years ago.

That's great!!! I'll be here cheering you on-:cheer I had gone back and graduated 2 years ag0. Sometimes i miss it, but the math, not so much!!! :lol:lol I loved researching and writing papers!

good morning ladies....its warming up here. we're in the middle of a chinook - so the snow will melt and temps will get above 0C for a week or so. yay....

haven't found a book yet, but I know that there are lots of winter/christmas/holiday books in my library.

Hi there- I just learned something new today! :) I had never heard of a chinook so of course I had to look it up. Very interesting indeed!!!

Its great to see that this is a chatty thread. I'm hoping that we get to know each other at least a little bit.

I had to work today, (I'm a critical care nurse), and am now looking forward to two days off. I'm considering doing my grocery shopping tonight, (I think I can con my dh into going with me), and then I can stay home all day tomorrow. I need to finish the two Christmas gift afghans I have going.

I have read the December book and am eagerly awaiting the Janaury crochet project!

Yes, it is a chatty bunch- that is good!!! I can't wait to get to know others better!!!

Enjoy your two days off!! Can't believe you finished the Dec book already (well, actually yes I can:lol ).

well, I read my book today too. I planned on a bunch of other stuff, but my youngest is sick...and when she's sick she's a cuddler. so she snuggled on me as i read my book

WTG Christine!!!! Sorry to hear that your little one is sick, but at least she is a snuggler-:manyheart

Christine, when he was little my son was also a snuggler when he got sick. I have a picture of him on his daddy's lap as a toddler giving a big, germ-laden kiss on the lips to his dad.

Daddy got sick soon after:lol

Yes, it is a chatty bunch- that is good!!! I can't wait to get to know others better!!!

Enjoy your two days off!! Can't believe you finished the Dec book already (well, actually yes I can:lol ).

Well for one thing, I read fast, and for another, I sat around all day Monday because of my foot. (and I'll do anything to avoid housework!)

I want to join. My favorite two things. Reading and crocheting.

I just started the book my Debbie MaComber Christmas in Cedar Cove

Sounds like I would like that one! Glad you are joining in the fun!!!!

Hi there group, :cheer I think this is going to be fun and I can't wait to see what Judy has in store for us for the crochet challenge. I just know it's going to be good. I just order a christmas book today by Debbie Macomber call "Call Me Mrs. Miracle" since I didn't have a christmas book on my book shelf already. I'm hopefully it will get here sometime next week in the meantime I would like to get to know all of you. :manyheart

Good morning

Thanks to all who have joined ,and are working hard on locating your December book,and to those who have already finished theirs . Remember, you can also read another in the same category if you want to,but it's not mandatory .

Welcome Grammy -- good to have you along . I'm glad you want to jump in with us. It's always good to meet new people .Would you mind giving your first name ?

We are all eagerly awaiting Judy's post, which will be out in a few more days ,but until then, I think some of the ladies are doing the reading challenge .

Have a good day,everyone,and between me and Judy, one of us will drop in and welcome new people or respond to your posts .

If anyone has any questions, just let us know and we will get back to you on them .

Archived