2011 Combo Challenge

JulieKay

Would you like to have more than one book category per month ,and how many would you like ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have more than one book category per month ,and how many would you like ?

• 2 different choices
    • A new choice each week

Ok guys

Here are the photos of my snowflakes -- biggest 2 are from Linda's patterns. Smallest is from Cindy's blog .

They are not starched yet, or do they have the ends woven in --so they aren't totally complete .

I used a size C hook and the thread (I think size 5) that has the silver thread running through it .

Very pretty Julie-O! :clap

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh what a rush of things to do, I have a scarf to finish up, 2 blankets to finish. one of which i am still joining together, and the other is joined but not edged. the second one has alot more to go than the first.

I was shocked when the volunteers dropped of the packages for the kids' for Christmas. OMGoodness. They went above and beyond what I was expecting. Thanks to them my kids will actually get to have a wonderful Christmas this year. I was in tears. (I still am). They are my Christmas Angels. :hug

Morning folks

A big howdy to all ,and a wake up call ! It's 4:45 AM !! Time to rise and shine !

I FINALLY completed a book last night .I got about 2/3 done with my SnowFlower book,and it (or me) kinda lost some FIZZLE .

So, the book I finished was called Crooked Letter, Crooked Letter by Tom Franklin. I guess you'd maybe call it a mystery ?With a little bit of a "life lesson tossed in .

Now I need to go see what category I can put it into . :)

Nice snowflakes Julie!!!!

Wrennie- that was one long title!!! And a very short one!!! I cracked up when i saw the long one and then IT for the short one- can't get much shorter than that!

I got all my grocery shopping done and laundry is on- so now it's time for some Christmas gift crocheting!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!!!

Go Giants!!!

I couldn't think of anything with a 1 letter title. :rofl

I am mad at our Giants. That last play was embarassing at best.:angry

I made it snow!

The small one is done in #10 thread with a #3 hook, not because I'm timid, but I can't see anything finer. The other was done with ww cotton that has a silver thread wrapped around it. Bernat holiday creations or something like that. I have to get some starch so I can stiffen the thread one. I don't know how easy it will be to stiffen the big one, but I thought it would look cool hanging in a window. Too big for my tree.

post-6085-135897608054_thumb.jpg

I made it snow!

The small one is done in #10 thread with a #3 hook, not because I'm timid, but I can't see anything finer. The other was done with ww cotton that has a silver thread wrapped around it. Bernat holiday creations or something like that. I have to get some starch so I can stiffen the thread one. I don't know how easy it will be to stiffen the big one, but I thought it would look cool hanging in a window. Too big for my tree.

Very nice Wrennie

I still haven't tried mine yet :blush but have my thread ready for when I get some time :yes

Wrennie - vey nice snowflakes!!

In spite of what I said, I haven't given up on the idea of making with thread - if I can find thread heavy enough and still not come out too big.

The one that is too big (yarn) and I call a doily, would look nice in a window. I'm please with it regardless.

I don't have a camera but think I am getting one for Christmas and then I can post pictures - IF I can figure out how to do it that is.

bailey

I dropped off a Christmas Card at my kids' school this morning for the members of the LRL (Lemay Retirement Lodge) and also for all the volunteers that helped them with the kids gifts for taking the time to get the gifts and wrap them.

The lady in the office, whom Ive know for 17 years since we moved into this house is a wonderful lady. She is the one who called me to let me know that the kids were put on the list for the Christmas gift program. When I handed her the card for the members/volunteers of the LRL she smiled and said that it would make them all very happy because they hardly ever get a card or letter thanking them for all that they have done for the families.

I just wish that there was something more that I could do to thank them. They dont have a mailing address that anyone at the school could give me and I cant find them online anywhere..... The most I can do now is to PIF somehow. I have a phone number for one of the members who had called me. That may be my only way to find out where they are located. My mom wants to join them bc of what all they have done for my family. She was even in tears when she see how much they had dropped off. Not only did they bring gifts for my 3 kids, but they also collected for my 3 yr old nephew whom we are supposed to be getting full custody of after the Holidays.

I hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, or what every Holiday you and your Family celebrate, and Also a Safe and enjoyable New Years.

P.S. Im sorry if I misspelled the holidays, I can be a terrible speller sometimes :hug

Good morning! Hope all is well for everyone.:hug Finished two more books, probably won't get anymore reading done until after the holiday as I've got a ton of stuff to get done before Sat.:eek But in 9 hrs I officially start my 12 day vacation so I will have time to get most everything done:clap

Hope everyone has a fabulous day and :cheer to all of you that have completed the snowflakes...they all look beautiful!!!!!!

its such a happy feeling to know there is kindness in the world still. :)

Yes it is, and when the kids are older, I will be able to explain to them that there are people in the world that do wonderful things for others even though they do not know them personally. They are too young to understand now as they are only 8,6, and 3. I just hope that they grow up to be the kind of people that will help others when they are in need, and that they do it out of the kindness of their hearts.

Morning ladies,

To all who have dropped in since my last check in today !

I know this is a busy week for most everyone,so enjoy yourselves,don't get too worn out from all the festivites . If you get time to work on a project or read a little, then try to take a few minutes if you can -- they are both kinda DE-STRESSER type activities .

Lacey

I'm very glad that this group helped your family this year. I can tell how much it means to you ,and it is wonderful that people still want to help each other. I still think there are LOTS more good people than bad ones .

Maybe someday you can take your kids to work in a soup kitchen or shelter for a holiday dinner when they get older and can understand .It'll be a great way to "give back", plus teach them how to care for others not as fortunate .

I hope they have a great holiday ! (and you too, of course !)

I made it snow!

Nice work.

I made it snow!

Very nice, Wrennie. :clap :clap :clap

I made it snow!

Nice job on the snowflakes!!! And those Giants---what can I say????:angry

Lacey- I'm sure that your kids will learn from you what it means to be caring and giving- children learn from example! I'm so happy for you and your family that it will be a Merry Christmas.

No snowflakes yet for me- and probably no reading- till I get the last of the Christmas presents done.

Hi! Christmas came today! I just got my Big Box from Herrschners. I love everything I got - well, except for a skein of RH Cafe (so NOT a favorite) that I knew I would need to finish a project. I LOVE boxes!

The best thing in it - I had never used Herrschner's own brand, and they had their variegated Tropical Delight on sale, so I decided to get some to try. It is a gorgeous color mix. I may have to actually make something for myself out of it. I've never kept anything I've made, but this may be the exception.

I finished two books. Pratchett's Hogfather, on audio. This is a favorite, his "Christmas" on the Discworld. I've never seen the movie, but I love the book. I also read Portal, a YA sci-fi, the beginning of the series. It's a bit too heavy on romance for my taste, but the premise is interesting and was interestingly worked out, so I've started the second one, Equilibrium. They're by Imogene Rose.

I planned to get my thread and teeny-tiny hook at Joann's on the way back from the doctor today, it was just at 5:00 when I got out. I drove through both the grocery store parking lot and Joann's parking lot and instantly rejected both. I'll go during the day tomorrow. I'm just across the street from Joann's so it's no big deal.

Now the thread will definitely wait until January. I have New Yarn to play with! And I'm on holiday until January 6th which is going to be 90% play time. I'm going to see to it!

Congrats again to all on the beautiful flakes. I love seeing your work.

Good morning!

Donna- You must be in yarn heaven- and how perfect for it to arrive while you are on holiday!! Have fun with it. Can't wait to see what you decide to make with your Tropical Delight yarn- sounds perfect for this time of year when it's so cold outside. Makes you think of summer!!

Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Morning ladies !

Donna--- glad you got some new yarn to try out ,plus lots of days off to play with it ! Show us a photo when you get done,so we can see what you make .

Also, good job on the books !

Howdy Joanne --- you will soon get some extra days off too,wont you ?

Archived