2011 Combo Challenge

JulieKay

Would you like to have more than one book category per month ,and how many would you like ?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have more than one book category per month ,and how many would you like ?

• 2 different choices
    • A new choice each week

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi folks

Just found this GIZMO for finding a good book to read . Check it out :

http://bookseer.com/

Just tried it out- put in The Confession by John Grisham and it brought up books of that genre. Then I put in the one I'm currently reading- Mystic River by Dennis Lehane and it brought up all Lehane books.

Name a book that has a really long title , THEN name a book with a ONE WORD TITLE .

Oldest Living Confederate Widow Tells All ( one of my top 10 favorites)

Centennial

Long title: Not really long, but the first that came to mind was The People's History of the United States by Howard Zinn.

One Word Title; Harvest by Tess Gerritsen

Nice snowflakes Cindy!

I never thought to use spray starch. I just pitched an old can, it wouldn't spray anymore. Guess I have to get another. I only had pink thread in my stash. I couldn't motivate myself to make a pink snowflake. I will be doing some of the butterfly bookmarks Apak posted with it tho'. The store I stopped at only had a couple variegated/ombres. Some looked too baby colors and the others I just didnt like for butterflies. I'll have to look at Michaels the next time I'm down there. Maybe thursday since I took that day off.

As a tiny kid I loved my picture books. Mom would come in my room and find me asleep with a pile of books around me. Then I remember reading Nancy Drew books, and the little house on the prairie series.

Then in my teens I read vc andrews, and that type of book, then later if it was a historical romance it was for me. Also the Clive Cussler and Koontz books. Thats not all I read, but its the main types.

Long title? Define long. How about, uh.......

Hollow Earth: The Long And Curious History Of Imagining Strange Lands, Fantastical Creatures, Advanced Civilizations And Marvelous Machines Below The Earth’s Surface

(by David Standish)

Short title It (by Stephen King)

Thanks Judy and Tab- that's what I'll use - since I already have that in the house- just need some rust proof pins and something to pin them on!

I wad up some dish towels and make a cushion, stretch out the piece, then pin them - spray starch too. Not the usual way, but i'm all about shortcuts.:lol

Name a book that has a really long title , THEN name a book with a ONE WORD TITLE .

Centennial

I have to check out that book - I've heard good things about it.

Hi folks

Just found this GIZMO for finding a good book to read . Check it out :

http://bookseer.com/

Thanks for the link!

Ok guys

Here are the photos of my snowflakes -- biggest 2 are from Linda's patterns. Smallest is from Cindy's blog .

They are not starched yet, or do they have the ends woven in --so they aren't totally complete .

I used a size C hook and the thread (I think size 5) that has the silver thread running through it .

Ok guys

Here are the photos of my snowflakes -- biggest 2 are from Linda's patterns. Smallest is from Cindy's blog .

They are not starched yet, or do they have the ends woven in --so they aren't totally complete .

I used a size C hook and the thread (I think size 5) that has the silver thread running through it .

VERY PRETTY!!

which blog? :)

Good morning all. Today is my list making day - planning dinner and the weeks meals.

kids are painting wooden trains at the table with daddy and I'm finding a recipe for lemon bars and others...

Nice snowflakes Julie!!!!

Wrennie- that was one long title!!! And a very short one!!! I cracked up when i saw the long one and then IT for the short one- can't get much shorter than that!

I got all my grocery shopping done and laundry is on- so now it's time for some Christmas gift crocheting!

Have a wonderful Sunday everyone!!!!

Go Giants!!!

Thanks for all the nice comments on my flakes. Julie, I'm flattered that you made my snowflake. I always liked that one, (mostly because I am all about easy and that flake is easy.

I can't think of any books titles to fit today's questions.

And when I used the link to put in the old book I am currently reading, I confused the computer, and it said it had no suggestions! Guess I am going to have to read something a little more current for that to work for me.

VERY PRETTY!!

which blog? :)

\

Its in my siggie.

Centennial

Out to Pasture (but not over the Hill by Effie Leland Wilder

and

Silver by Penny Jordan

Ok guys

Very pretty, Julie. :clap :clap :clap

Thanks for all the nice comments on my flakes. Julie, I'm flattered that you made my snowflake. I always liked that one, (mostly because I am all about easy and that flake is easy.

Its in my siggie.

THANKS!! I'm going to try it later today (I ran out of gold for the blanket I'm trying to finish for my mom...)

Hi, everyone! I'm enjoying seeing all the snowflakes. I hope it's not sympathetic magic that will call down blizzards on all of us!

Long title: How Hemlines Predict the Economy: Explanations, Rationalizations, and Theories on Everything. Short title: Hogfather (I'm just finishing it)

When I put Pratchett's Hogfather in the bookseer link, it gave me a list of other things by him - all read already. Such is life.

I was busy and missed the children's series question yesterday. I doted on the Black Stallion books. I never read any of the Nancy Drew, etc. I had only contempt for "people" books as a child. I did eventually get over it, of course. Actually, children's classics might have been wasted on me. I'm going back and reading some of them now at my advanced age, and enjoying them greatly. Out weekly library jaunts were to the bookmobile that came to a little shopping center near us. I was a voracious reader as a child too.

Ok guys

Julie they are really pretty. I'm using the same thread as you, size 5, white and silver thread running through. I have to complete the last round of snowflakes C, then I will have one snowflake done. :yay

Archived