Dunsire

Home made stitch markers

These can be used for knitting as well. I've used these for a number of years when commercial type stitch markers weren't available. They came about out of necessity when I was making up patterns for machine knitting and now I am finding them equally useful with my return to crochet. They come in many colours so I chose my bread according to my needs, John still doesn't know, he..he.. I don't know if these are available in the USA or UK but hopefully they are.

"]5233257509_7db08b569e.jpg

If you go to my flickr site I've done the stages that I go through to make them. Hugs Joyce

wow that is cleaver!!!. Imake stitch markers for my etsy and and friends who order them. but I use beads n findings lol. but I use to use twisty bread ties lol. .. I still do when I take my project with me so I dont loose all my homemade markers

OMG!! How very clever!!!!! I used to use yarn, safety pins, even bread ties. I never would have thought of those plastic bread ties!!

very unique, Your work is amazing I just floated around your flicker site and your felt projects are amazing the faces and heads you created and the little beagle how cute..

My favorite thing to use as stitch markers are the colored paperclips ;)

Gonna buy some of those. I was using small safety pins but this sounds better.

Like wire hangers in closets, I believe that the plastic clips breed in the drawer.

Have used the bread bag "clips" as small bobbins, but the side protrusions are extremely annoying because the yarn catches on them.

Like your suggestions for reshaping & smoothing; have you tried using a Dremel tool?

Sorry I've been so long in thanking you for your comments, what with Christmas, birthdays and working on my slipper pattern, the time has just flown. Anyway thanks for the responses and your lovely comment on my Flickr site that was nice of you Crochetluvknot. Hugs Joyce