mady's first hat *updated 1 yr later*

annmcc1976

I bought a set of Knifty Knitters Hat looms, and My 9 yr old wanted to make one after I showed her. she sat from after dinner yesterday (about 5:30) untile I went to bed at almost midnight!!!! working on this.. it held her attention and she was so quite we almost forgot she was up. lol.

but she was so super excited she made it with very little help from mom and she asked me if mommy will put it on her crochet Email group (you guys). to show off her very first project.. She's "HOOKED" she wants to make a lil hat for ALL the baby dolls in the house now.

post-31502-135897603628_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897603631_thumb.jpg

post-31502-135897603634_thumb.jpg

the square one the utube video's are very helpful. the instructions made no sence to me.

but the hat loom instructions were much simpler to grasp and i didnt need to scour utube. lol

She is tryin to get me to show her how to use the square one but i am just to bushed today to do it

ty, she said...

she is working realy hard on a blanket with our square loom for the doll.. Then she said she wants to make a hat for her 2 sisters. and blankets too for their dollies.

then she asked me if she can make some hats to sell for other kids dollies. so She can use her money to buy herself yarn!!! :) i have such a smart lil girl.. I told her of course. :). couple dollars each hat. and she can suply herself with yarn lol.

• 1 year later...
:cheer She did a beautiful job on her hat! And to see her sweet smile in the picture is adorable! ... You know, I also admire her mindset to sell hats, etc., in order to buy yarn. I can't help but notice that she is also learning some other business skills through her determination, dedication, creativity and marketing. I know she's young for this kind of talk, but I definitely sense her entrepreneurship. Way to go Maddy!!! :cheer

She has sold 3 hats so far!!!. but she's made more n givin them to her teachers then she's sold lol. but She had a Class assignment last week. where each child was to make up a product to offer and do a Inforerical for it. it could be for a real item. or a made up item.

So she choose to do her hat. She took in a hat she had made in the past.. and Ask me if she could take in a loom and yarn.. as she had o do a demostration on "how to make it"

Her teacher called me to tell me how it went as she was so proud of her and how well she did. she said it was the best so far she's done as it was on something that was her intrest.... so..

she wrote her report on it in class with her Special ed aid. and for her presntation she showed the entire class how she makes her hats. (we started one for her so she just had to continue on from the brim.).

so she demonstrated to the class how she makes her hats. and even let each child do a few rounds on the loom., the teacher then asked her "if you were to sell your hat. how much will you charge?" mady replied with a shoulder shrug and "i dont know" lol. her teacher then said "well i've seen hats like that sell for as much as $15.00." so mady replied "well then I'll sell it for $15.00 then!!" I thought that was cute an quick on her part.

but her teacher aid when she called said mady was so excited and the entire class was so into it and loved it that she let them try her loom and that they each got to put a row on the hat.. I was thinking to have her finish the hat and call the teacher n ask if they have any Class Stuff animals that are like the class mascot or something to send the hat in to put it on.. so they can all know they all had a hand in making the hat.. but now her entire class wants a hat... Unfortunaly I can't aford to give them away lol.

but i had to share. she is excited about her project and even more excited She sold her first 3 hats.. and is hoping to sell many more.. she is going to buy the long looms when my friend sends me the $ for her 3 she sold. and she wants to make and sell baby blankets next.

Archived