Sonja - 18" doll ...Image Intense

darski

Sonja 18” doll :pinterest

post-4896-135897603549_thumb.jpg

This is the first in a series of costumes I hope to do on figure skaters I have enjoyed over the years. If you do a search for Sonja images you will see the costume that inspired this one.

Needs WW yarn, fake fur, 5.mm hook and an elastic waistband. You will need buttons if you plan to close it that way. You should use them for trim if nothing else.

Costume…

WW yarn and 5.mm hook

Ch 60 and join to form ring.

Row 1: dc in every ch.

post-4896-135897603561_thumb.jpg

Row 2-5: dc working 2 decs on ea round opposite ea other. Stagger the dec. Break off and consider the joining line to be the Centre Back seam. Use this to find the Centre Front and mark that. Move 4 sts to the right and attach yarn in the front loop .

Row 6: dc in front loops of 3 sts, work in dc [work 2 dec as before along row] back to beg of row, work dc in the back loops of 3 beg sts.

Rows 7,8 & 10: dc evenly

Rows 9 & 11: dc to last 3 sts, sk 1, 2 dc in next, dc in last. (forms a buttonhole)

Right front…15 sts)

Row 12: right front –as worn- dc in 13. dc dec. turn.

Row 13: dc to last 3, sk 1, 2 dc in next, dc in last.

Row 14: sc dec, sc in 2, hdc in 5, dc in 5.

Row 15: sc in 5. break off leaving a goodly tail for sewing the shoulder.

Skip 3 sts then att yarn and begin back.

Back…(20 sts)

Row 12: dc in 20. turn

Row 13: dc in 3, dc dec, dc in 10,

Row 14: dc in 5, dc dec, dc in 4, dc dec, dc in 5.

Row 15: dc in 5, hdc in 6, dc in 5. Break off.

Sk next 3 sts and att yarn for left front

Left front…(8 sts)

Row 12: dc in 1, dc dec next, dc in 5.

Row 13-14: dc evenly

Row 15: sl st in 2, sc in 5. Break off leaving a goodly tail to sew shoulder seam.

Sleeves…

Att yarn in armholes and work evenly in dc. You may want to use my technique of starting with sc/hdc in the bottom and working up to dc at the sleeve cap.

Do not make the sleeves too long as you need to add 2 rows of fake fur trim in sc.

Pockets are a 5 sc for 5 rows square. Start with a goodly tail that you can use to sew the pocket in place.

Fur Trim…

Work 2 rows of sc w/ 2 strands of fake fur. Remember to work on the wrong side as you get the best ‘fur’ from the ‘wrong’ side of crochet. When you add the trim around the neck do not work along the edge that does not show..

Panties…

post-4896-135897603555_thumb.jpg

Work 45 sc over elastic waistband

Row 1-4: dc evenly.

Row 5: 2 dc in 1st. dc in 21, 5 dc in next, dc in 21, 2 dc in last.

Row 6: 2 dc in 1st, dc dec, dc in 5, dc dec, dc in 15, sl st into 2nd st, dc in next, sl st into 1st st, dc in same st, dc in 15, dc dec, dc in 5, dc dec, dc in next, sl st into 27th st, dc in same st, sl st into 26th st. Break off and tidy all ends.

Hat…

post-4896-135897603552_thumb.jpg

Join all rounds.

Ch 4

Row 1: 9 dc in 4th ch from hook (10 dc)

Row 2: 2 dc in every dc. (20 dc)

Row 3: *2dc in 1, dc in next* rep around. (30 dc)

Row 4: *dc in 2, 2 dc in next* rep around. (40 dc)

Rows 5-7: dc evenly.

Row 8: *2 FPsc in 1, FPsc in next* to end. Turn.

Row 9: dc evenly in Front loops only.

Row 10: sc in 17, hdc in 6, dc in 13, hdc in 6, sc in 17.

Row 11: [sc dec, sc in 3] twice, sc dec, sc to last 12 sts, [sc dec, sc in 3] twice, sc dec. Break off and tidy all ends.

Fur trim. Attach 2 strands of fake fur yarn in those back loops from row 9… *sc in 1, ch 4, sk 2* rep to end

Add a pompom on top to finish the look.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2010

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897603538_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897603557_thumb.jpg

Darski do you have a gauge? I had someone ask me to make clothes for their daughters AG doll but without the doll I can't be sure that the sizing will be right. I tend to crochet tighter than most people but want to be sure before I put a lot of work in and have it be too small. Thanks the pattern is absolutely adorable

NiYa :yarn

Darski do you have a gauge? I had someone ask me to make clothes for their daughters AG doll but without the doll I can't be sure that the sizing will be right. I tend to crochet tighter than most people but want to be sure before I put a lot of work in and have it be too small. Thanks the pattern is absolutely adorable

NiYa :yarn

well i guess I could measure a bit but I tend to vary my crochet - depending on my mood at the time and the yarn. I do crochet loosely which is why I started using smaller hooks.

Ok: I have 14 dc over 4" and 7 rows over 4".

Thanks for all the lovely patterns you post. I save all the doll patterns even though all the kids in the family are boys. It was a doll pattern in a magazine that got me started crocheting again after laying it aside for several years!

Way to cute!!! I really love your patterns...I made a couple, and gave them to my niece yesterday for her birthday..and she was so excited. The smile on her face was sweet. Thankyou so much for sharing your patterns, and helping me make my niece's day!! Looking so forward to the next one!! :)

Way to cute!!! I really love your patterns...I made a couple, and gave them to my niece yesterday for her birthday..and she was so excited. The smile on her face was sweet. Thankyou so much for sharing your patterns, and helping me make my niece's day!! Looking so forward to the next one!! :)

Thank you so much for telling me this. it really makes it all worth the time we take to make a little one happy.

:manyheart

I crochet loosely also and drop down a hook size on patterns. I'm thinking this means that with your patterns, I can use the suggested hook?

I love your quote :lol!

I've been saying I was going to do it. Today I created a sub-folder in my crafts folder. It has your name on it. Keep up the good work' :hug

well i guess I could measure a bit but I tend to vary my crochet - depending on my mood at the time and the yarn. I do crochet loosely which is why I started using smaller hooks.

Ok: I have 14 dc over 4" and 7 rows over 4".

Archived