2011 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

I haven't been in here for a while, but I am down 47lbs and have 36 left to go, I am doing Medifast and have been on it since Nov 1 2010. Goal is to be at goal by my birthday which is July 9th... Good luck everyone

Wow! That's awesome! Way to go! :yay:cheer:yay

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nicole.....:clap fantastic!!!

Vonnie....great job, over half way!! :yay

I am finally 171, it looks like there is a yarn shopping excursion in the near future!! :P I have not been this skinny for about 6 years :eek

There may be some BIG changes at work. I always have a habit of putting the cart in front of the horse but please send good thoughts my way!!

How is everyone doing today? I'm still maintaining. I guess my body needs a break from losing. I would really like to lose another pant size before summer. It seems like every time I try to get in the habit of using my cycle trainer, something happens. I got sick twice and now my back is killing me. :blush

Tia - Sorry you aren't feeling real great! :hug Keep at it girly, you will get through the plateau. :yes

I weighed in last night. I'm down another pound. After the horrible weekend I had (alcohol and diets don't mix well), I'm very glad I was down at all. My total weight loss since starting back at WW is 5.4 pounds! :cheer

First of all--HUGE thanks to Tia for the PM inquiring how I was doing. I think I received it while I was snacking on home-made banana bread or something. :rolleyes

Long story short: I'm finally, finally, finally getting my act together and moving forward. One reason low-carb is great for me is that I am allergic to wheat. I've been eating bread, pasta, and other no-nos as if I had a death wish. Right now I have four major health issues all related to the build-up of wheat in my system, and from Monday this week, I've gone cold-turkey. No more wheat, and if I'm doing that, I might as well low-carb all the way.

I mentioned earlier that I decided to link my crocheting to eating correctly rather pounds lost, so...I get to make two motifs--one for Monday, and one for Tuesday. And those are the first two! Completion of the project will represent 6 months of staying on track, and I hope it will coincide with the 6 calendar months ahead of us!

I'll show you my motifs when they're done, but I won't be getting on the scale until April 1--and I hope then to discover that I'm no worse off than I was the last time. The first time I low carbed (faithfully, without cheating, and excercising, too), I lost 60 pounds in 7 months. If I could lose half that much in the same time, I'd be content, although faster would make me even happier!

I'm going to add exercise soon, but you shouldn't do that during the 1st two weeks of low-carbing, so I might just try to get some extra walking in--the weather is finally getting nicer!

Last week I had lost a little over a pound but this week I gained about a half a pound. I figured that it was the Starbucks and potluck that I went to. LOL I'm hoping when the weather gets better I will be able to walk and that should help.

Nicole - thanks, my back is better today.

Karen - sounds like you're making some great changes. :yay I look forward to seeing your motifs. I have about 60 lbs. left to lose, I'd love it if we could both do that in the next 6 mos. You said you finally, finally, finally were getting your act together, well, that's what I need to do. I got sick twice back to back in Jan/Feb, I couldn't exercise, and fell back into eating some comfort foods. Time for me to get it in gear! :P

Cat2crazy - but you still lost about a half a lb. Congrats! I have a theory that it's important to vary my calories. So I think an occasional potluck (as long as your don't go overboard) can help prevent your body from going into starvation mode.

Thanks, Tia--I started off the year so well, but then I got sick in January and lost the whole month. Toward the end of the month, we received some unhappy news, and that has dominated much of February and March, too. I'm finally realizing that I've lost 3 months of the year, and I need to take control of what I'm eating, even if I can't control other things.

Hopefully I'll get the motifs done today...They aren't very big, and if I have to/get to do one for each day I follow my eating plan, I need to be able to make one quickly...I'm sure I'll have the pattern memorized soon.

I gained a half pound this week after not losing for two weeks I am frustrated adn need to change something...anything to make a difference. :( No progress for me.

I know how frustrating it is to get stuck on plateau. What kind of plan are you following? Any ideas for change? Sometimes there are short-term things you can do to shock your body into losing again.

Cat2crazy - but you still lost about a half a lb. Congrats! I have a theory that it's important to vary my calories. So I think an occasional potluck (as long as your don't go overboard) can help prevent your body from going into starvation mode.

Thanks Tia - I like your theory! I know when I go without after a while I just go overboard and eat like there is no tomorrow.

Thanks Tia - I like your theory! I know when I go without after a while I just go overboard and eat like there is no tomorrow.

Yeah, I used to do this too. I'm much better now though, but still slip sometimes. I think it's a mind thing. I didn't improve until my determination to lose overcame my weakness to indulge. I think that's my problem now, I'm maintaining more from my weakness to indulge than actually being on a plateau.

But I'm starting to pull out of it. I'm back to weighing every morning. I'm better at exercising, though not quite where I want to be yet. And I've set a date for getting back to losing: April 1st. Until then, I'm going to enjoy some foods that I usually avoid when I'm on a losing streak. I'm not going to completely pig out though, just maintain for another week.

Today was weigh in day for me at Weight Watchers!! I'm down another 1.8 pounds. That's 7.2 total pounds in three weeks. :D I'm so glad I decided to go back. It has helped me tremendously.

Now, for my project...I still haven't started on one. :( I believe I'm going to make squares for an afghan. For each pound, I'll make one square. I'm going to start with the groovyghan. I'll get through that before I'm done losing weight. I'm just going to start another project when I get there. I like having smaller goals/projects in mind. It keeps me motivated. :tup

Today was weigh in day for me at Weight Watchers!! I'm down another 1.8 pounds. That's 7.2 total pounds in three weeks. :D I'm so glad I decided to go back. It has helped me tremendously.

Now, for my project...I still haven't started on one. :( I believe I'm going to make squares for an afghan. For each pound, I'll make one square. I'm going to start with the groovyghan. I'll get through that before I'm done losing weight. I'm just going to start another project when I get there. I like having smaller goals/projects in mind. It keeps me motivated. :tup

Way to go!!!! :yay:yay

Way to go, Meegan and Nicole!!!

As of yesterday, I've stuck faithfully to my eating plan for a whole week--yay for me. I'll weigh on April 1st, but don't expect to see a loss from my last weigh-in. I'll just be happy if I haven't gained anything!! I've made 3 of the 7 motifs I'm entitled to make, so I have to get busy. They are just tiny little things--3 rounds. But there is some color interest to the pattern, and if I'm GOOD about sticking to the diet and CONSISTENT about the making the motifs, it will be finished this fall, and the colors (neutral/browns) will be perfect for then.

Anyone want to share some motivational thoughts this week to keep us focused? I could use some...

:eek I have not been a good girl.....chicken flame-thrower and medium double chocolate cookie dough blended thing yesterday on top of 3 doughnuts, large piece of pizza and a burger and fries on Saturday.....needless to say I am back up to 175!

Okay, Susan...

Forgive yourself for the indulgence, happens to everyone. If it were me, I wouldn't have gone near the scale to see the (temporary!) damage. If you've been following a fairly strict diet, and you have a big splurge, your body will retain a lot of water to help deal with it, and that is some of the immediate weight gain you see. Give it a few days and see if it doesn't just go away. Another thing--if you've been on a plateau for a while, a splurge like that followed by a return to careful eating can sometimes kick-start the weight loss again.

I had a month of bad eating in Feb/March...just gotta move forward now.

Second week in a row I am up. I was whining about notb losing in two weeks now I have gained a pound back over the past two weeks. My own fault, one week it was a large chocolate extreme blizzard that my daughter bought me and I couldn't throw away:lol and this past Saturday my hubby wanted pizza...oh I could have eaten only one slice but no I ate a slice each day for three days.:eek If he hadn't put mushrooms on it I could have given the leftovers away but I hate to throw away pizza.:blush

I am back on plan, will do better next week I am sure.

PS...what is a chicken flame thrower? I think I want one...

crispy chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, bacon and a spicy sauce....:c9 You may need an extra large water if your not use to the heat!

crispy chicken sandwich with lettuce, tomato, bacon and a spicy sauce....:c9 You may need an extra large water if your not use to the heat!

Heh heh heh. I love spicy, although at the Indian restaurant I visited recently, I went for medium instead of hot. It was HOT enough. They actually warned us not to order hot unless we knew for sure we wanted it, because it was so hot. (Two brave souls among us did anyway...)

I think I'd be brave enough to try the sandwich...except, of course, I'm low-carbing and can't have bread! ;)

Archived