2011 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

we had 6 inches of snow and then today was much nicer. We are expecting freezzing rain tomorrow. I still have to hit the Y instead of exercising outside. I need to start losing weight again if I am going to get my top done in time fpor vacation.

Yikes! I guess it could turn cold again, but right now it's like spring. It WAS nice then we had storms last night and the rain just started again this morning. It's very dark and windy right now like it was dusk instead of 10:30 am.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
For the past 4 weeks my weight has remained exactly the same. Not an ounce different one way or the other! Strange. :think

:yuck I hate when that happens!

Tia...feeling better and making that body work overtime yet? :lol

I am still on a yarn diet, I have only 3.5 pounds left! The other day wasn't good at work. I did an unexpected, unplanned double shift and was at the mercy of the food provided....tuna sandwich and cookies....:lol

I have to brag on dh too! He's down an entire pant size and is looking very good~ :hot I am still 11 pound away from that medical tag of "overweight female" but I have lost little over 20 pounds!

I haven't checked in here for so long! True confession: I avoid this thread when I'm not eating on plan. I was so sick in January that everything went haywire. I have no excuse for February except that I have been too lazy to plan and eat right. Now it's March, and I'm really mad at myself for having the strength of will to keep going.

So, here I am confessing my sins (I'm not going near a scale--I only weigh once a month, anyway, and I am skipping March 1st), and formulating a new plan of battle.

The only thing I did in terms of this challenge is shop for thread in February, and THAT was unsuccessful, too. My project needs size 20 thread, and I could find it colors that I wanted. I decided I'm going to use ecru thread, and add sewing thread for my colors--I hope to go shopping for that today.

So here's my NEW plan. Forget crocheting motifs for pounds lost--that isn't working for me, and I don't weigh very often anyway. Plus, weight fluctuates up and down a little bit, and I don't want to get too bothered by those numbers. My project has about 180 little motifs (I think I must be demented to even consider making it, but for this project, I think it will work.) I'm going to allow myself to make ONE motif for each day that I stick to my low-carb diet, INCLUDING drinking the recommended amount of water. When (you see I'm being positive about this--not "if") I finish the project, it will represent 6 full months of eating on plan, and if I don't have some weight loss to show for it, then I must have some kind of problem.

You don't owe me anything, but I wonder if anyone here would like to bug me via PM if you don't hear from me every couple of days? I'm on c'ville everyday, and as I said, if I'm avoiding this thread, it's because I'm not eating right. So, if anyone wants to PM me, with a little encouragement ("We haven't heard from you recently--what's the deal? :lol ), I'd appreciate it.

:cake:cake:cake:cake:cake....this is what I want all day and night!!!

:lol I've got some massive cravings for cheesecake, cream chez frosted cinnamon rolls and canadian bacon and pineapple pizza! I just love that hormonal hunger attacks! :thair

Now I have addressed my issues, what are some ways to concern them? I've been avoiding the store by myself and esp avoiding those areas.

Karen - I will try to pm you from time to time.

Susan - Those cravings are killer! I usually crave junk food in the form of potato chips, fried shrimp, pizza and popcorn. :D It helps me greatly to not have any of that stuff in the house.

Cravings like that are terrible...that's what I appreciate about low-carbing. It really does take away the cravings, which is like a miracle. So why am I having so much trouble getting back on track? :think

Cravings like that are terrible...that's what I appreciate about low-carbing. It really does take away the cravings, which is like a miracle. So why am I having so much trouble getting back on track? :think

I've fallen off the low-carb wagon, too. I wasn't losing, and I'm SUCH a carb-hound. It was tough to deny myself the things I liked when the scale wasn't moving. If the scale had kept moving, I would've stuck with it. But it didn't. I haven't decided if I'm going to go back to low-carb, or if I'm going to go ahead and try the Sonoma diet. I just got the book, but I haven't had time to read it yet.

:ohdear not for me! It looks like I am headed back to phase one until I can beat these cravings. Wanna join me???

Hello nicole! Do you do on-line or meeting or both?

Hello nicole! Do you do on-line or meeting or both?

Both. I do the monthly pass so I get the online stuff "free". Since I have an iPhone, I do all of my tracking, etc on there. Before I went back to the meetings last night, I was doing online only. It wasn't working for me. I need the weigh in's to keep me motivated.

I stayed the same this week, but it could have been worse, I ate pizza on Sunday, and had cheesecake on Saturday. I was sick all day Tuesday..it is the only thing that saved me. I had been out of town for over a month and my hubby was treating me for being home and I agreed that i would not worry if I gained a pound from it, but glad I didn't:lol

:tup I pledge 8 miles on the treadmill this weekend and 20 crunches (normal, R side, L side and backwards per day) and 10 push-ups since I am an upper body wimp!

I went back to Weight Watchers last night. It works for me and I have to have the accountability. I've tried and I can't do it on my own.

Join the Club, I have finally realized that I can't do it alone.I made goal and got lazy, stopped going to meetings and found the 35 of the 60 pounds I lost. :(

I have been back 3 months and I am within 10 pounds of meeting my original goal again. I KNOW I must go to meetings, track and WI for LIFE.

I now want to lower my goal weight to keep me motivated.

:dance okay I did it and now I"m back down to 173!! I have a 5 day work-free stretch so I am hoping to go and buy more yarn to finish projects!!

That's great Nicole!! :cheer:cheer

Congrats to all who have lost weight. I'm doing a fabulous job of maintaining. :blush But I'm back to exercising, so I hope to see a loss soon.

I haven't been in here for a while, but I am down 47lbs and have 36 left to go, I am doing Medifast and have been on it since Nov 1 2010. Goal is to be at goal by my birthday which is July 9th... Good luck everyone

Archived