2011 Weight Loss CAL

Tia

Any favorite low-carb recipes???

jalapeno/cheese stuff chicken breasts....

trim and cut 2-3 chicken breast and split....stuff with a can of green chilies, fresh chopped jalapeno, garlic, block of cream cheese, few shakes of cyan pepper and a cup or more of mozzarella cheese...I made it up on the fly and it's one of our favorites!!

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Second week in a row I am up. I was whining about notb losing in two weeks now I have gained a pound back over the past two weeks. My own fault, one week it was a large chocolate extreme blizzard that my daughter bought me and I couldn't throw away:lol and this past Saturday my hubby wanted pizza...oh I could have eaten only one slice but no I ate a slice each day for three days.:eek If he hadn't put mushrooms on it I could have given the leftovers away but I hate to throw away pizza.:blush

I am back on plan, will do better next week I am sure.

You can do it!! :cheer

Congrats to all who have lost weight. :cheer

But it sounds like some of us are struggling. Including myself, but I know we can do it. :yes I've gained 3 lbs. :blush during my break, I start back to my diet tomorrow. I need to be better at exercising and get back into the habit of recording my food and weight every day. :sigh But it does help a lot. I just hate it so much!

Okay, Tia--April 1st--back on track! Those 3 pounds will be gone before you know it. Didn't you say you low carb? Those first couple of days can be miserable while you fight the cravings--hang in there.

Susan, I don't usually get too fancy with my low-carb dinners. I stick to meat and veggies, sometimes adding rice, pasta, or potatoes to whatever it is for the rest of my family. One of my favorites was Atkin's "Cucumber chicken" recipe--on their website. I've made a number of variations, and they are all good, and can be served over rice or pasta to make the meal go further for the rest of the family (I have 3 kids at home). Last night was kielbasa baked with peppers and onions. (Not sure I'd bother doing this with American kielbasa, but the "real thing" is pretty rich and meaty.)

And now, since it is the 1st of the month, and I had my official weigh-in...TA DA! I am down 3 pounds since March 1st, which is nothing sort of miraculous, since half the month was a carb-fest. I've lost 18 pounds since October, which is a pretty slow pace, but I wasn't doing well through much of it--the holidays were a total write-off, and again, I just had to be content with not gaining.

I would *love* to hit the 25 pounds lost mark by the end of month--that's my goal and my hope. No more scale for me until the end of April! (I actually weigh the last couple of days as well as the 1st of the month, to be sure I'm getting an accurate number.)

We've still got time to drop a size before summer hits--I hope to do that, too. I've got some clothes I'd love to be able to get into.

When I low-carbed for the first time, in 2003 (losing 60 pounds in 7 months), I participated in an active low-carb board. It's defunct now, and I don't have time to go join another board, which is why I'm grateful for this thread. Anyway, one of things we did was post what we ate--EVERY day. So, you post today what you ate yesterday--meals, snacks, everything. It was very motivating to me, as I didn't want to admit to eating poorly, plus we got meal and food ideas from each other that way. Anyone game? You can include your calorie, carb, or WW point counts if you want to. It's kind of a virtual version of "write down everything that you eat," except that everyone else see it, too. :wink

I'm still lurking around. March weight loss 2.3 net down. Was up and down all month. Picked up my dress for my daughter's Sept wedding yesterday. Since I carry my weight in my hips/upper thighs, it is what I call a "stand up" dress (snug when sitting) but have to have the top altered. So, really need to renew my efforts. DD wants my dress to be a surprise for her dad so it is hanging on the back of a door in a room I go into frequently as a reminder of my goal, to sit in comfort!

Anyway, one of things we did was post what we ate--EVERY day. So, you post today what you ate yesterday--meals, snacks, everything. It was very motivating to me, as I didn't want to admit to eating poorly, plus we got meal and food ideas from each other that way. Anyone game? You can include your calorie, carb, or WW point counts if you want to. It's kind of a virtual version of "write down everything that you eat," except that everyone else see it, too. :wink

I am game, I know that I belong to a site ( www.sparkpeople.com ) that has a food tracker that everyone can see and though I still have eaten poorly at time...knowing that someone is watching sometimes makes me more honest to myself. it also tracks all my calories, fat, protein and carbs. I eat way too many carbs.

This morning I had a Weight Watchers Cinnamon crumb supreme, not exactly what I normally east but it was 3 points. and with it I had a cup of red seedless grapes which is zero points. I was feeling under the weather and wanted something light.

If we want we could also share what kind of activity we are doing to help it change.

I'm seeking all the motivation I can get. Had pizza for dinner tonight. My daughter made pizza crust, and the actual pizza for everyone, but I prepared a low-carb crust from a new recipe, and all I have to say is...wow. It was truly delicious. I've had a lot of low-carb crusts that were just soggy, gross, eggy...don't wanna think about it. This was *great*, and I could actually *pick up the pizza* and eat it with my hand.

The crust is very thin, but holds together well. It's made from almond flour, egg, and parmesan cheese, and flavored with pizza seasonings. Best new low carb recipe I've encountered in ages, and I think it could be using to make crackers, too--perfect for dipping, because they DO hold together.

I've also started my crochet project that is supposed to go along with this--one motif for each day staying on plan, all up to date:

post-13065-135897644884_thumb.jpg

Karen - can you post or link to this pizza crust recipe, pretty please! I love pizza and I have some almond flour sitting in the fridge. I'd love to try the crust recipe, though I haven't like any of the almond flour recipes I've tried thus far, but I'm willing to try again if it means pizza. ;)

LOVE your motifs!

Tia, this is the link: http://www.thehealthyhomeeconomist.com/2010/04/no-grain-pizza-crust/

It's all about whole food, a little on the extreme (maybe a lot), but she focuses on minimal grains, healthy fats, etc...

I didn't do the recipe in the "organic" way she wrote it--I used ordinary shortening, ordinary pizza spice, etc... It was really delicious.

I keep forgetting to stop by to post the results of my weigh-ins on Monday! Grr...

Better late than never, right?

I lost 3.4 pounds the past week. I'm down a total of 10.6 pounds in four weeks. It's a great start to a long battle. It won't be long before the weight loss starts slowing down. So, for now anyway, I'm enjoying the ride! :P

I am up again this week. Not sure why but 1.4 pounds in three weeks is not acceptable. I talked to the leader at WW and she gave me a hint to try. She told me to eat 10g of protein after working out for a week and see if that helps. I will try it this weekend to begin with. Tomorrow I am running a 5K to raise money for a natural area in Wisconsin. I hope it goes well. I have to leave at 5 am to make it there for registration.

Sorry to hear that, hope the 5K sheds those extra lbs. :hug

I've lost a couple of the lbs. I gained and would probably be back to my lowest weight but it's hard to tell because of TOM. :P When TOM leaves the building, I hope to be less than my lowest which would be an actual loss.....it's been about two months since I really lost anything. :(

Congratualtions, Nicole...seeing the scale move *in the right direction* is such a lift and encouragement to persevere. I hope the rest of us can figure out to get it moving in that direction.

Well, yesterday I cheated enough, for the 1st time in three weeks, that I have to say "no motif" for that day. I was making cupcakes for my daughter's 7th birthday (which is today), and I was trying a new recipe for frosting. I had to taste it...and it tasted so good, that I ate too much. I won't be eating any cupcakes today, though--right back on track, no excuses, is the only way to deal with a lapse. So, leftover porkchops and broccoli for me, while everyone else gets pizza. If nothing worse happens this month, I'm hoping to see my first real loss since January.

Karen - wow, pork chops and broccoli while watching everyone else eat pizza! You deserve a :hug.

I'm down another lb. this morning. Only .4 lb. to lose until I'm back to my lowest weight.

I need a hug too because I know why I've started losing again...our kitty got sick pretty suddenly last week and we had to make the hard decision to have him put to sleep on Friday morning. He was 16. :cry I've been depressed. He was our last kitty, we won't be getting anymore. I've lived my whole life with cats, it's hard not having one.

I am up again this week. Not sure why but 1.4 pounds in three weeks is not acceptable. I talked to the leader at WW and she gave me a hint to try. She told me to eat 10g of protein after working out for a week and see if that helps. I will try it this weekend to begin with. Tomorrow I am running a 5K to raise money for a natural area in Wisconsin. I hope it goes well. I have to leave at 5 am to make it there for registration.

How did the 5K go? I hope you see the results on the scale. :yes

Congratualtions, Nicole...seeing the scale move *in the right direction* is such a lift and encouragement to persevere. I hope the rest of us can figure out to get it moving in that direction.

Well, yesterday I cheated enough, for the 1st time in three weeks, that I have to say "no motif" for that day. I was making cupcakes for my daughter's 7th birthday (which is today), and I was trying a new recipe for frosting. I had to taste it...and it tasted so good, that I ate too much. I won't be eating any cupcakes today, though--right back on track, no excuses, is the only way to deal with a lapse. So, leftover porkchops and broccoli for me, while everyone else gets pizza. If nothing worse happens this month, I'm hoping to see my first real loss since January.

Thanks! :D I love porkchops on the Foreman (grill...not sure if you can get those where you are). I'm pulling for a loss for you! :xfin

I'm down 1.2 lbs. BELOW my lowest weight (the last time I saw a loss). The plateau is over, I'm back to losing! :lol:cheer

I got stuck at 61 lbs. lost/61 to go for several weeks. Now I'm over the hump, my 'to go' is lower than my 'lost'. (See my signature.)

:cheer Congratulations, Tia!!! :cheer That's fabulous!!

Well, I weighed in last night. I lost .04 of a pound. I didn't gain and it is a loss, but I admit I was a little down. That's the lowest weight loss I've ever had in a week.

The problem is that I'm not eating enough. I'm leaving 8 or 10 points a day. I'm just not hungry for more. I've always had this problem. Before though, I stayed over weight because of the food choices. It's not hard to get over 2,000 calories eating out twice a day.

So, I'm bulking up some meals this week. I'm added an English muffin and a small amount of light margarine to breakfast. I'm not sure how I'm going to add points to lunch, but I'll find something!

Bravo!!! :jumpyay

I'm starting to notice my clothes fitting a bit looser, so hopefully that's a good sign. No scale for me until May 1. (I get too discouraged by the little ups and downs that are normal.) I'm back on track after my little wobble on Friday.

Nicole, I find that low-carbing suppresses my appetite, so I sometimes have to make sure I eat enough calories. Had turkey medallions in a cream sauce for dinner, with stir-fried veggies.

I'm sorry to hear about your cat Tia. :hug I have a 16 year old that I took to the vet and ($200.00 later) found out that he has high blood pressure and the beginnings of kidney failure. I'm giving him med's for the blood pressure and a supplement for the kidneys. I need to get him back to the vet to have some follow up tests done. I think the med's for the blood pressure is having a negative affect on his kidneys (found pee on the floor where he had been sitting and eating). Unfortunately I don't have the money. I just sent in my taxes and will have to wait until I get the refund (I should have sent them in sooner).

Oops, I gained a pound this week. I should have not eaten that pint of Ben & Jerry's ice cream. LOL

Congrats to everyone who has lost! :yay:yay

Cat3crazy, sorry your cat is sick. Are you giving him Enalapril? I tried that with my cat and only two doses later and he was almost shut down, as in not moving, not eating, barely drinking and he developed a horrendous diarrhea.

I'm up .2 lbs., but I've been sneaking bites of cheese. I'm lactose intolerant, and really shouldn't do that. Dairy is supposed to cause inflammation and for me probably doubly so. I'm sure it's just water retention. :blush

Archived