Bernat cascading ripples blanket

msnikki525

Question

Hello everyone

may everyone have a blessed thanks giving

I am having a problem with a stitch

2nd row: Join 2 strands of A,with sl st to first ch-1 sp. Ch 1. 1 sc in same sp as sl st. (Ch 1. miss next sc. 1 sc in next ch-1 sp)5 times. Ch-1. *(1 sc. Ch 2. 1 sc)in the next ch-2 sp.(Ch 1 miss next sc. 1 sc in next ch-1 sp)6 times. ** miss next 2 sc (1 sc in next ch-1 sp. Ch 1. miss next sc) 6 times. rep from * 4 times more,then from * to ** once more Fasten off

8 answers to this question

Hello everyone.

The problem I was experience with the cascading ripple blanket

I I have figured it out,and the blanket is coming out beautifully

@kathy thanks for your help~sometimes you have to put the project down and come back to it days later then that when I got it .

Hello everyone.

The problem I was experience with the cascading ripple blanket

I I have figured it out,and the blanket is coming out beautifully

@kathy thanks for your help~sometimes you have to put the project down and come back to it days later then that when I got it .

Glad you got it worked out:hook

I'm having problems with this pattern! The problem comes from the fact that after the first row all stitches are made in the previous row's chain one spaces and the instructions state that the first and last stitches of each row are left unworked. So then it seems that each row will have fewer stitches, making this a triangle! I'm not usually stumped like this - what am I missing?

Welcome to the 'ville Truthsw, this post is 9 years old (2010), and it looks like the OP and the second questioner (in 2014) haven't been back here since then so probably won't see this.

Did Magiccrochetfan's answer help?

Link to free pattern 

I suspect it tells you to skip the last stitch to leave a clean edge for the edging row, which looks better when you put a contrasting color into the top of a stitch at the edge, rather than stitching into the side edge of a stitch.  

It looks like this pattern was in a book at one time, so isn't a brand new pattern.  Looking at "Bernat Baby Coordinates" yarn, it comes in 2 weight categories, but the pattern tells you to buy x skeins, and hold the yarn double, so I assume that has to be the weight category 3, but the number of ounces per skein in the pattern don't jibe with the modern put-ups:

Solids Weight Category: 3 -- Solids Weight: 5 oz, 388 yds, Ombres Weight: 4.25 oz, 392 yds

Chunky Weight Category: 5--5 oz, 227 yds

So, you may have to do some yardage calculations based on the weight (in ounces) to figure out how many modern skeins you need, when I do this I always round up a skein (not always, but many times when I've bought what should have been 1 too many skeins, I've had to break into that 'not necessary' skein to finish the project).

There are lots of similar (ripple) patterns out there, however I'm having trouble finding any in that woven stitch/seed stitch pattern.  I'm going to swatch your pattern for a few rows over just a couple of ^^  and get back to you.  

Edited by Granny Square

I did row 1 with 2 hills, then turned to start row 2 at the ** spot of row 1 as follows: ch1, skip first sc, sc in first chain space.  This is functionally the same as how it describes cutting the yarn and starting the next row by skipping the first sc and joining the yarn and making a sc in the following chain space.  

Rather than actually finishing row 2, I diagrammed row 1 and then row 2 going into row 1's stitches, all the way across 1 hill.  It does work to skip the last stitch, it makes a subtle stair step edge.  The diagram is a little scrunched, sorry, but it shows that the pattern does work as written, the stitch counts are correct.  

Cascading ripples.jpg

Edited by Granny Square