Join all rows unless otherwise noted.

5.mm hook and WW yarn (RH super saver)

Row 1: 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook.

Row 2: 2 sc in ea sc. (12 sc

Row 3: sc in 1, 2sc in next. (18 sc)

Row 4: sc in 2, 2sc in next. (24 sc)

Rows 5-8: sc evenly

Row 9: dc evenly.

Rows 10- 15 : inc at beg and end of ea row.

T Row 1: Align the two legs and join with 6 sc, ch 1. Begin working in dc around the leg sections, Put the first dc in the same stitch as the sc join.

It might be helpful here to go to the back to Mark out your increase stitches. Put markers in the stitches that are 7 from the Centre Back join on each side.

Dc to your first marker… work [2dc, 1dc, 2dc, 1dc, 2dc, 1dc, 2d] over the seven stitches, work [dc, tr, dc] into the CB join, work [ ] again then continue in dc to beginning of row being sure to put stitch in sc-joined stitch on this side, join.

Row T2: work evenly in dc. Break off and tidy ends.

As you look at the piece, attach yarn in st 5 to the left of previous join. Attach yarn in Back Loop only.

Row T3: dc in 3 in back loops only, dc in 2, 2 dc dec, dc in 6, 2 dc dec, dc in 9, dc dec, dc in 9, 2 dc dec, dc in 6, 2 dc dec, dc back to beg and work dc in the 3 front loops that remain from those sts.

Row T4: dc around working 1 dec where you did two from the previous row.

Rows T5-T6: dc evenly.

Row T7: work in dc and repeat the 2 dc dec about where they were made on row T3

Just a quick stitch count – I have 50 dc at this point. If you are in the ballpark – good to go. Remember that some of the sts are the overlap of left over right.

Flatten the bunting keeping the overlap closed and mark the two “side seams”. Use these markers to divide into back and two fronts. Don’t fuss if your numbers are different. I have tried to write it so it does not require specific numbers as long as you end up with 5 sts at the shoulders.

My numbers….

Back has 23 sts.

Right front as worn has7 sts.

Left front as worn has 20 sts.

Left front:

post-4896-135897600543_thumb.jpg

Row 1: dc to last 3 sts, dc dec, dc in last.

Row 2: dc evenly across

Row 3: [front edge] sc in 8, hdc in 3, dc to end.

Row 4: dc in 4, dc dec next. ch 1 turn.

Row 5: hdc in 1, dc in 4.

Row 6: sc in 5. Break off leaving a goodly tail to sew the shoulder seam.

Back:

Row 1: dc in 1, dc dec, dc to last three sts, dc dec, dc in last,

Rows 2-3: dc evenly.

Row 4: dc in 4, dc dec, dc in 2, hdc in 5, dc in 2, dc dec, dc in 4.

Row 5: dc in 5, hdc in 9, dc in 5.

Row 6: sc across.. break off and tidy ends.

Right front:

Row 1:dc in 1, dc dec, dc in 4.

Rows 2-5: dc evenly.

Row 6: sl st in 1, sc in 5. Break off leaving a goodly tail to sew the shoulder seam.

Sew shoulder seams.

The arms… Join all rounds.

Note: I think it might have worked as well with one less sleeve row. :hook

Ch 2, 6 sc in 2nd ch from hook.

Row 2: 2 sc in ea sc.

Row 3: *2 sc in 1, sc in next* rep to end.

Row 4-5: sc evenly around

Rows 6-8 : dc around working an increase at beginning and end.

Rows 9-11: dc evenly.

Row 12: dc and make one increase. Break off and tidy ends.

Sc arms into armholes using white yarn. Ease in to fit.

Trim and button loops…

Att white yarn

Work sc along the straight front edges and hdc around the neck portions. Work dec as needed to form neck. On the left (as worn) front work a row of sc to edge and then go back up the edge in sc to work in your button loops.

The bunny pattern is an adaptation of similar motifs.

leave a goodly tail for sewing laterch 3, 11 dc in ring. join.

ch 6... sl st in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next, hdc in next 3. sl st into next stitch and repeat this ear. break off and sew to bunting with tails. I use the break off tail to tack the ears in place and the beginning tail for the head.

Add button eyes if you wish before sewing

The hat…

post-4896-135897600538_thumb.jpg

Ch 4…

Row 1: 9 dc in 4th ch from hook. (10 dc)

Row 2: 2 dc in ea dc. (20 dc)

Row 3: *2 dc in 1, dc in next* rep to end.

Row 4: *dc in 2, 2 dc in next* rep to end.

Row 5-7 : dc evenly

Row 8: sc in 1, sc dec twice, sk 1, 5 dc in next, sk 1, sc in next 21, sk 1, 5 dc in next, sk 1, sc in next 2, sc dec twice, sc in 2. join and break off.

Ties…

Cut 2 strands of yarn – about 7 ft – and insert one into ear flap peak. Even up the two ends and then just chain with the double strand of yarn. Pull the ends through and pull tightly. Trim the ends evenly when both are finished.

Trim rows

Att white yarn (from below) between rows 6 and 7. Pull up yarn and work along the ‘line’.

Work down a dc to between rows 7 and 8. Work another row of trim along this ‘line

How to do surface crochet is here…

http://www.ehow.com/how_4853950_crochet-letters-onto-blanket.html

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2010

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker , I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897600524_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Was searching for beatuiful doll baby clothing to make for my collections of dolls and can across this adorable baby bunting jumper. I love the color. I would like to try and make it but had some question for example do any more now it the rows are worked in continue rounds or do you turn after each row. Also so do anyone now what "T Row 1" mean I am just learning to read patterns.

Many thanks to the owner.

DollCollector:chook=:)

Was searching for beatuiful doll baby clothing to make for my collections of dolls and can across this adorable baby bunting jumper. I love the color. I would like to try and make it but had some question for example do any more now it the rows are worked in continue rounds or do you turn after each row. Also so do anyone now what "T Row 1" mean I am just learning to read patterns.

Many thanks to the owner.

DollCollector:chook=:)

each row is joined and a new row begins as usual

T row1: means Torso row as opposed to the legs that are worked first.

I would also recommend my "Twinkle, Twinkle Pattern" as it is very cute - it is for a larger baby.

And :welcome to the Ville

• 5 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived