~the oval ripple placemat~

Debi Y

Thanks for the compliments ladies - but I think that this oval ripple pattern is only good for a placemat. I've been thinking (and RoseRed made mention) that the middle should be a lot longer to be able to retain the oval shape for an afghan. I will come up with a longer oval ripple in the next couple of days and post it on my blog. :)

IF I figure it right...if the beginning chain was increased in 8 chain increments the pattern should work with of course additional dc because each "rib" is an increment of 8 (2 sets of v stitches, 4 ch to each v?) ? Someone correct me if I'm wrong/off...ok I'm off but anyone who knows me knows that already...

• 3 weeks later...
I think I've got it figured out. Visit my blog to get the pattern.

http://hooksandyarns.blogspot.com/2010/11/oval-ripple_17.html

Debi Y. :hook

***I think that this oval ripple pattern is only good for a placemat. I've been thinking (and RoseRed made mention) that the middle should be a lot longer to be able to retain the oval shape for an afghan. I will come up with a longer oval ripple in the next couple of days and post it on my blog. :)

Very nice pattern. I think I will add this to my list of patterns to try and bump it towards the top.

I know that I make my centers for my 4x6 granny ghans about 2 feet long and they come out to the 'golden ratio'. hmmmm

(I have such a headache for 2 days now - math is just beyond me at the moment)

Ack... to the golden ratio. I just finished a math class after being out of school for several years and this was one thing mentioned in my research paper. It was a little beyond me too.

I wanted to share my photo of the 2 I've made so far.

Looks quite nice in red.

Archived