Sign in to follow this  
CLLinda

I'm knitting my first Top Down sweater for ME!

I started this pattern that I found at Patternworks and it's worked on size 11 needles and Encore Chunky yarn. I started it this weekend, and I've done about 8 inches so far on it. And I'm really pleased so far.

I ordered the pattern and yarn on a day that I was overcoming Food Poisoning. I thought I was ordering Blue chunky, but I guess I didn't look close enough and ordered Sand colored yarn. I didn't think I would like it, but I really do. And it will go with almost any color that I wear.

I'm just so excited. Just wanted to share. Oh, and this is my first adult size sweater. I've made a few baby sized, but not adults.

:manyheart

Good for you, I started a top down baby sweater, haven't finished it yet but I did start it and liked it. I keep meaning to finish it but I just don't seem to get around to it...lol! Good luck, I like sand as a color for a sweater...blue happens to be my favorite color but sand does go with everything. Have fun!!

It's coming along so nicely. I started the bottom now and its going so fast. The sleeves are on stitchholders and you do those after the bottom is completed. It's just amazing that I am making this for me.

:):manyheart

I have the bottom done, the collar, and one sleeve. Can't wait to finish it. And the snowy weather will give me a chance to stay home and knit.

Let it snow, Let it snow.......

I hope you'll post a picture for us when you're done! I'm excited for you!! I hope you're feeling better.

I should try one in chunky yarn like you're doing CCLinda. I am in the slogs (hibernation mode) with a worsted weight one. Can't seem to get it going like I want it. Are you done yet? Can't wait to see it.

I should try one in chunky yarn like you're doing CCLinda. I am in the slogs (hibernation mode) with a worsted weight one. Can't seem to get it going like I want it. Are you done yet? Can't wait to see it.

I have about 3 inches on the sleeve to finish, and then I will post a picture. It's just too busy around here to work on it. After the holidays, it will slow down.