Request i recieved tonight

crochetaholic74

I checked my face book tonight and received this request from and old teacher of mine.

Hey Tiff, I need to know if you have any hats that will fit a two year old...She had to have brain surgery on the 6th of this month and they had to shave 1/2 of her head...She was abused and now her Mom is living with me and we are praying that we will be able to bring her home by Thanksgiving...She was abused by someone her Dad knows...she was with him last weekend when it happened...Please let me know if you have something real cute for this precious child ad how you charge for about 2 or 3 and I will send you a check for them...we cannot let this sweat little girl questioned about why she has hair on one said of her head and not on the other...these people are under investigation for this and they will be charged for second degree murder to a child...So keep her and her mom in prayer...the child is in state custody right now...

I told her there was no way i would charge her and i am going to try to make her 2 of the newsboy caps, i wanted to see if anyone else wanted to make one for her so she could have some choices, because we all know little girls LOVE to have choices in fashion.;) Any hat style will do, she is sending me a definitive head measurement but i am thinking the standard 18"-20" should work.

If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated :)

I really hate to be the one to say this but are you for sure that this is a real post? There's just so many things that do not make sense in it.

I had the same thought. If you trust this person (know her from the "real world") then sending some things would probably be okay. Otherwise, I'd walk away from this one.

yes i am sure its real, hence the from an old teacher of mine in the first post.

i have known this woman for almost 30 years, i stay in constant contact with her, but thank you for the concern. :)

This was not a request on a face book wall this was a message she sent me directly because she knows i crochet.

I am highly skeptical that most people who request for charity actually keep it and sell it at craft fairs especially when you see them with a request then see them talking about how they are selling at a fair or something. I doubt 90% of charity requests, i was hesitant to ask on here because i am fairly new to this board and the first time i posted i had less than a good experience.

I would not have asked for some random unknown person.

It is truly a very sad story and my prayers go out to the little girl.

But.....I am wondering why the people will be charged for second degree murder of a child if the child is still alive?..

I think my teacher has just gotten a little old and meant to say that if she died they would be charged. She is an older lady and so i was not sure what she meant by that. :)

I did find out today that the little girl seems to be recovering well after surgery, they are keeping a close eye on her in ICU to watch for complications and barring any she will get to come home just before thanksgiving. I asked my teacher if she had any substantial swelling to her head from the surgery, i have not heard back from her.

it is really sad BUT she is being a little trooper from what i am told.

I'm glad she's doing better.

Have you thought of doing a cloche type hat (maybe with a scallop edging) in cotton so that she won't get overheated in the house?

Oh, I have one of these already made up - it's a magenta color. I will pm you for your address.

Rose no i hadnt but that is an awesome idea! Thank you stitch girl!!!!

I am making her a "newsboy" hat BUT silly me tried to pretend i dont crochet tight LOL and the first one i made is too small, working on her new one now.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived