Toys and such

redheadedali

Hi, all -

I am a newbie around these parts, so I thought I would post some pictures to introduce myself. I am apparently too dense to figure out how to actually put the pictures in the messge, so here is a link to my crochet pictures in Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23355670@N00/sets/761952/

Lately I have been on a kick of making toys and "things" rather than garments. The teddy bear is the very first toy I ever crocheted; I made him from this pattern. Fresh off of that project I wrote my own pattern for and made a Ninja Kitty. I am very proud of him (as the four pictures I have posted probably indicate). Finally, I made the lipstick and nail polish Christmas tree ornaments because I noticed that ornaments were the big seller at our school craft fair last year, and I was trying to come up with some creative ideas for this year. These are my first go, and I would like to tweak them a bit, but I think overall, they came out pretty cute.

Thanks for looking (and listening to me ramble). Any feedback would be greatly appreciated (particularly on the ornaments, i.e. how I might be able to improve them/spruce them up).

I'm glad to be here. :)

Alison

Neat stuff! I like the teddy bear!

I'm thinking beads would add some fun and pizazz to the ornaments ... I don't have much experience with that but my first thought was "wow some beads would make those really neat!"

very nice. also welcome to the village. i would add some beads or maybe you could also make them in thread and then startch them and then put glitter on parts of it. just a thought, but might jazz them up a bit:D :D:hug

Cute toys, Alison! I see that you are a beader like me. :D The others are right, add beads as I'm sure it will be easy for you. You can already do the net stitch so adding beads to your crocheted ornaments will be a cinch! ;) I also love making ornaments covers but they are mostly beaded. This year I am planning to make crocheted ones. Some to cover a ball. :hook Welcome to Crochetville! :hug

I forgot to ask.....what did you do for the clasps of your beaded bracelets? I love the butterfly ones! Are they your own patterns? Can you share with me the graphs for it? I want to make some as gifts for some friends. :D

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody :) . Jaclim, I use size 8 beads wrapped in size 10 beads to make ball and loop clasps for my bracelets ( a technique I got out of a book a looooong time ago). And yes, the butterfly pattern is mine. If I can get a decent scan of it, I can send it to you.

I have decided to adapt a doll pattern out of a book I found to make Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band as my next project. Something tells me it will take a long time, and several other projects will be started and finished before it is complete. Sheesh. I might have enough time to tackle all this stuff if I didn't have to work. Stupid job. :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, everybody :) . Jaclim, I use size 8 beads wrapped in size 10 beads to make ball and loop clasps for my bracelets ( a technique I got out of a book a looooong time ago). And yes, the butterfly pattern is mine. If I can get a decent scan of it, I can send it to you.

Oh, I see. I use size 6 beads then use size 12 seedbeads to wrap it around. I love using this clasp as it goes with the bead color of your beaded jewelry. :D

I'll be waiting anxiously for the butterfly pattern. :clap:cheer:yay

:hug

• 4 weeks later...

Archived