Need help with Pinwheel Candy pattern please!!

tiniree

Question

Hi Everyone -

I am fairly new to making small objects and I have a question? I found the Pinwheel Candy pattern over at the Lion Brand site (they have it on Ravelry and Michaels' too!) and I understand all of it EXCEPT the last line about: "FINISHING Align Inner Swirl on top of Outer Swirl and roll the Swirls into a circle. Sew to secure circle. Sew 1 Wrapper to each side of the Candy.

Weave in ends."

Are they asking me to use a regular needle/thread, and if so, how would I best secure the circle????

If anyone has made these, I would greatly appreciate some direction on this. I am planning on making several and placing them in cute crystal candy dishes as gifts to some of my relatives who are watching their weight (me included :blush).

Marie

1 answer to this question

You would use a darning needle ( one with a large eye and a blunt tip, big blue plastic ones can be found in the yarn section of your favorite store to buy yarn from) and yarn. You would then make sure it is secure, by whatever method you like best, on the wron side of the item, ie: the side not seen when the item is completed.

Archived