Thread Holder

jls614

Hello everyone. On page 3 of the book "Ultimate Guide to Thread Crochet" there is a picture of the perfect wooden thread holder. Does anyone know where this can be purchased? I've tried searching the internet with no luck.....

Thanks for any help :c9

I have one! my father in law mailed it to me from fl. It is handmade and has a small drawer in the front for storing hooks. It is really great. Other than that shop in fl, though, I have no idea where you would find one. here is a picture of mine.

post-5389-13589759817_thumb.jpg

Hello everyone. On page 3 of the book "Ultimate Guide to Thread Crochet" there is a picture of the perfect wooden thread holder. Does anyone know where this can be purchased? I've tried searching the internet with no luck.....

Thanks for any help :c9

I posted pics here of what I use>>>http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=115171&highlight=exrea

It is the 1st post so scroll down to exrea to see pics

I have one! my father in law mailed it to me from fl. It is handmade and has a small drawer in the front for storing hooks. It is really great. Other than that shop in fl, though, I have no idea where you would find one. here is a picture of mine.

That's it!!! Can you get the name of the store??

I also thought it might be one for using sewing threads to crochet a painted doily. So I went to a thrift store and found a thick peice of wood I think was a bookend and hammered 6 or so long nails in it. Now I can put 6 spools of thread and hold the threads together and crochet a painted doily. Thanks for giving me the Idea. :P

I bought one that is very similar to this at the Herrschner's website .... I will check to see if they still carry this item.

Is it for #10 thread? I just use a wooden toilet paper holder. Some people use papertowel holders

I use a paper towel holder one of the wooden ones, and it ACTUALLY works really well on those skeins of yarn that are not center pull, some how it lets it spin around and come undone without your yarn going all over the place.

this is the one i use the top screws on and off so it secures the yarn or thread on it. And like i said somehow it lets those not center pull yarn spin and come off, SINCE i got my yarn winder though i dont need to use my paper towel holder as much lol

http://www.cooking.com/images/products/shprodde/691249.jpg

Gah this is great!!!!

I'll have to see if I can pick up a paper towel holder from the thrift store or something! Thanks guys!!!

@Curleysue - maybe invest in a larger round magnet or weight that you can glue to the underside of the CD ? I dunno. Just trying to thing of something you could do ^_^

@Curleysue - maybe invest in a larger round magnet or weight that you can glue to the underside of the CD ? I dunno. Just trying to thing of something you could do ^_^

Yes, I've been trying to think of something weighty to glue to the bottom....thanks for the suggestion!

Very nice thread holder. Hubby made mine which like "crochet4ever" mentioned is just a toilet paper roll holder mounded on a wood base. I think one made with a paper towel holder would work well for those large balls of thread which don't quite fit on mine.

• 9 months later...

Archived