Mommy, purple is on sale - 18" doll PDF Added

darski

Mommy! Purple is on sale!-18 in doll :pinterest
post-4896-135897594653_thumb.jpg

The PDF is Here:purple is on sale.pdf

I used 3 colours of purple that were all available at Walmart at the same time. I was looking for more pink yarn as I had used every last inch of it for another pattern. These are all WW RH yarns. (aside from the fake fur which is a dollar store item. )

I used 5.mm hook for most of the work.

The carcoat…

post-4896-135897594673_thumb.jpg

The coat begins at the waist and then works down to the hem and then up to the shoulders.

Ch 44
Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in ea ch across. (43 hdc)

Row 2: hdc in 4, 2hdc in next, hdc in 12, 2 hdc in next, hdc in 7, 2hdc in next, hdc in 12, 2hdc in next, hdc in 4. (47 hdc)

Row 3: hdc in 5, 2hdc in next, hdc in 12, 2 hdc in next, hdc in 9, 2hdc in next, hdc in 12, 2hdc in next, hdc in 5. (51 hdc)

Row 4: hdc in 6, 2hdc in next, hdc in 12, 2 hdc in next, hdc in 11, 2hdc in next, hdc in 12, 2hdc in next, hdc in 6. (55 hdc)

Rows 5-8 : work evenly in hdc.

Row 9: *hdc in 2, sk 1, 3dc in next, sk 1* repeat to last 3 sts. Sk 1, 2dc in next, dc in last. Break off and tidy all ends.

Return to the original ch sts/

Row U1: hdc in 1st st, *work dc cross st over next 2* rep to end then work an hdc into last stitch as well.

Row U2-3: hdc across but get rid of that extra stitch from above (43 hdc)
It is now time to divide the coat into sections.

Right front: 9 st
Sleeves: sk 3 sts
Back: 20 sts
Left front: 8 st

You will now work in these sections. The left front is a mirror of the right front .

Right front
Hdc in 9 for 4 rows
Sc in 3, hdc to end.
Hdc in 5, sc in next, ch 1 and turn.
Hdc in 5 hdc for 4 rows. Break off and leave a goodly tail for sewing the shoulder seam.

The back
Hdc over 20 st for 2 rows
Hdc in 1st, work dc cross st to last, hdc in last.
Hdc evenly for 5 more rows.
For 2 rows work hdc in 5, sc in 10, hdc in 5.

Left front
Hdc in 8 for 4 rows
hdc in 5, sc in 3.
Sl st in 3, hdc in 5,
Hdc in 5 hdc for 4 rows. Break off and leave a goodly tail for sewing the shoulder seam.

Edging…

Att yarn at lower left (inside) edge and work a row of sc along the edge. Work inc and dec as needed to keep edge even. Work another row of edging in hdc Work button loops on 2nd row on right edge. Break off and tidy all ends.

The sleeves…

Att yarn in sleeve holes. Work around the sleeve openings in hdc but begin with some sc at the base. You will also want to decrease some stitches in the base of the armhole.

Sew on buttons.

The Tam…
post-4896-135897594683_thumb.jpg

w/ 5.mm hook and RH WW yarn
join all rounds

ch 4..

Row 1: 11 dc in 4th ch from hook.

Row 2: 2 dc in every dc.

Row 3: *dc in 1, FPdc around same st, dc in next * rep around.

Row 4: *2 dc in 1, fpdc around fpdc, dc in next* repeat around.

Row 5: *2 dc in 1, dc in next, fpdc around fpdc, dc in next* repeat around.

Rows 6- 8: continue evenly in established pattern of dc in dc and fpdc around fpdc.

Row 9: hdc in 1, *fpdc around fpdc, hdc dec, fpdc around fpdc, hdc in 2* repeat around and end with hdc in last st.

Row 10-11: work evenly in pattern of hdc in hdc and fpdc around fpdc. Break off and tidy all ends.

The Boots… with darker purple and fake fur
Join all rounds

post-4896-135897594677_thumb.jpg

Ch 6

Row 1: 2 sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in next 2, hdc in next, 5 hdc in next, hdc in next, sc in next 2, 1 more sc in beg st.

Row 2: 2hdc in 2, hdc in 3, 2 hdc in next 5, hdc in 4, 2 hdc in last. Flip sole good side down and ch 1.

Row 3: fpsc in ea st working an increase on ea side of toe area. Ch 1 and turn.

Row 4: hdc in ea fpsc working one decrease on each side of heel.

Row 5: hdc around working 6 dec at front of boot.

Row 6: SC around working 3 dec at front of boot.

Row 7-9: hdc evenly around.

Rows 10-11: work 1 row of sc then hdc with fake fur. Remember that you get better “fur” on the wrong side of crochet.

Add “ties” to front of boots if you like that look.

Culottes…
Need ¼” elastic waistband. 5.mm hook

post-4896-135897594656_thumb.jpg

Note: I did the mauve set second and I only did 4 more rows of dc in the torso section. I also added 1 extra stitch on each back side in torso row 1 and I like that fit more

w/ pink WW yarn and 5.mm hook

legs… DNBO after 2nd leg

ch 28 and join to form ring.

Rows 1- 2: dc evenly around

Row 3: work in dc w/ dec at beginning of row.

Row 4: work in dc w/ dec at end of row.

Row 5: as row 3,

Align the two leg sections and sc together through 8 sts, ch 1, dc in same st as joining, dc to centre back join and work 3 TR into join, continue to work in dc back to beginning and work dc into same stitch as last sc joint. Join in top of 1st dc.

Work 5 rows of dc evenly then work a row of hdc over elastic waistband.

Top…

post-4896-135897594664_thumb.jpg

w/ pink and 5.mm hook

ch 21…

Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in ea ch across. (20 hdc)

Row 2 : *hdc evenly across

Row 3: sc in 1st, 2 FPsc in every st to last, sc in last. (2 sc, 36 fpsc )

Row 4: hdc evenly across. Secure pink but DNBO. Att mauve.

Row 5: w/ mauve… dc in 3, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 8, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 3, 2 Tr in next 2, dc in 3, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 8, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 3. secure mauve but DNBO. Pick up pink

Row 6: sc in 23, 2 sc in next 2, sc to end. Secure but DNBO pink. Pick up mauve…

Row 7: dc in 4, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 10, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 1, dc dec, dc in 3, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 3, dc dec, dc in 1, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 10, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 4. secure but DNBO mauve. Pick up pink.

Row 8: sc in 22, sc dec, sc in 4, 2 sc in next 2, sc in 4, sc dec, sc to rnd. Break off pink. Tidy ends. Pick up mauve…

Row 9: dc in 6, sk 14, dc in 2, dc dec, dc in 4, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 4, dc dec, dc in 2, sk 14, dc in 6.

Row 10: 2 dc in 1st st, dc in5, dc on sleeve gap, dc in 8, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 8, dc in sleeve gap, dc in 5, 2 dc in last..

Row 11: dc in 17, 2 dc in next 2, dc to end.

At this point you should be at the bottom left edge…

Trim rows …
sc up the left edge (not the ‘collar) and back down again…

sc along the bottom edge working [2sc, ch1, 2 sc] in the peak as established…

sc up and down the right edge adding button loops on the last row. Break off and tidy ends.

Sew on buttons.

Note.. you could add sleeves by working rows around the sleeve openings but I want this to fit under the coat so no sleeves for me. (And it’s not because I hate sleeves.)

post-4896-135897594687_thumb.jpg

I think I prefer the mauve set more but the pink is cute too.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2010

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897594633_thumb.jpg

post-4896-13589759465_thumb.jpg

post-4896-13589759466_thumb.jpg

post-4896-135897594669_thumb.jpg

post-4896-13589759468_thumb.jpg

• 1 year later...

Oh Darski,

The carcoat is just so cute! Now if I could just make one in my size!

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived